Quacklive.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
There's got to be more people than just me, Zorr0 and nereid who play this at BU. The best part is that it's free and the system requirments are as low as the original games. So anyone with a computer that was bought within the last 10 years could probably say they're comp is overkill for quacklive.

Someone, anyone? :D

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
John D Carmokalot stated himself that the game is not very profitable for ID so I estimate this to go the way of the lizard men fairly soon.

Sorry all you qwackers out there :(

Mar 6, 2004
I play it every now and then, i really wanna get into it more but it's gotta be the hardest game to get good at. I try the jumps but they are so hard to work....i have an online buddy who's played a little longer then me that owns me (like every video game we play). I like watching the frag vids of pro players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0AcPw2odE8

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I don't know man, I played live when it first came out a bit but I never really got into Quake 3, even back when it first came out. Whenever I would play arena games I would always just spend it with UT instead, Quake just doesn't have the same feeling. :(

John D Carmokalot stated himself that the game is not very profitable for ID so I estimate this to go the way of the lizard men fairly soon.

Sorry all you qwackers out there :(

Last time I checked /b/ the lizardmen were thriving...

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
I love Qlive.
JC said it's not a commercial succes, but nevertheless they have a crew at Id that's dedicated to it. So I don't think they'll just throw it out of the window anytime soon.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Yeah, I know what you mean. I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that this was part of the reason why they had the framerate cap. At a certain framerate you could just really exploit the jumping system which basically came down to cheating.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I played it way back years ago when it was in beta i think.

The last time i'd tried to log in, they had deleted my account (likely due to me not playing forever).

I never was a big Quake person.

I very much respect the games for what they did for the FPS scene, but i always preferred the UT series.

Also, JD, message me on Steam/Xfire if you wanna play UT3/2k4 & perhaps even Quacklive...if people i know are playing i'd be interested.

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I'm going to be playing some Live Quack's today if anybody cares to join me. I usually play on the Palo Alto, CA or San Fransisco, CA servers.

LoLIsh is the name.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Though I did buy and play Q3A when it was new, I was never much of a fan. I have no interest in playing it in a browser. It's barely possible to compete in multiplayer unless you're a trick-jumping god. Nexuiz suffered the same problem for me; it was tons of fun when I was just doing LAN with friends, but the public servers were all full of pr0 trick-jumpers.

UT and UT2004's movement always felt much more balanced to me. There was jump-dodging (and double-jump in 2K4) but it was implemented in such a way that you didn't absolutely need to use it to be successful.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
IMO, Quake 3 had a more satisfying to use base weapon set than UT2004's and the movement goes well with the weapons.

But that's where the pluses end for that. UT2004 has more weapons, a flexible menu system, is easier to add custom content to (the quality of the content itself is pretty awesome if you know where to look too), has better bot AI, has a better editor, more gametypes that are fleshed out, and better graphics. Also, I think the net code's slightly better. Even the weapons which I just took a crap on earlier have the saving grace of more options simply with the primary and secondary fire they each have alone. PLUS all the hidden third modes of fire such as the Shock Combo.

And that is why I don't play Quake 3 NEARLY as much as I do UT and UT2004.

Last edited: