Deus Ex: New Vision is out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Ah yeah, I've been following this forever. Reading the creators forum posts and such.

It's not like it's complete though, the guy just decided he was done with doing this mod and made one final release.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I don't mean to be the fuddy duddy, but color me unimpressed by this. Weapon models and overall textures look better, but not so drastic over what is present on vanilla install, and certainly doesn't showcase 4 years of work.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
4 years of work by 1 guy doing this on and off as a hobby when he's not busy with work or school. Also it's just a high-res texture mod. There's a high-poly model mod too if you want to use them both.

Also how is it not drastic if the textures are actually higher res than the ones in human revolution. :lol:

One thing I will criticize is the quality. Some of the textures are way too, I don't know any terms for this but, NOT subtle, when they should be. A lot of the marble and cement walls stick out way too much and have way too much contrast when they should be a lot more subtle.

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Yeah, a lot of the textures have a tonal range that's way beyond the originals.
This is the case with 90% of texture replacements though.

In the old days textures were generally too low res to warrant that kind of high frequence + high contrast detail. The bilinear filtering would smudge it away, either way.

Weapon models and overall textures look better, but not so drastic over what is present on vanilla install

Did you install a modified renderer? Otherwise the highest mip levels will be cut.
1024² versions of Deus Ex's 128² and 256² certainly are a massive resolution increase.
There are no weapon model replacements or textures, so no sure what you're on about on those.
If you are, then perhaps you're expecting too much? This is still UE 1.5 so the lighting will suck either way, and the mod does try to be close to the originals.

Last edited: