Where do Nalis go?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I think that is still the mystery of the Na Pali and the Nali's.
Tarydium is a powerful mineral and all this life is springing up with a Tarydium based life form. Totally not earthlike. Completely different realm of physics and molecular power. It looks earthlike on Na Pali but the similarities end there.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999

Well I thought it might be some kind of 'suicide'... Maybe they think they will ascend/end up in Nali paradise?

They can't be teleporting to other parts of Na Pali, otherwise things like the sky lift, nali boats etc., wouldn't exist.

Whatever they do, it seems to need a good deal of preparation and energy. They obviously can't do it whilst being guarded by the Skaarj, or when they're nailed to a cross.

I was kidding of course, but in my upcoming SP project I attempt to explain this a bit (or offer, at least, some tangible suggestions that I think might be interesting). I like very much the idea that they can either use the effect in limited capacity to "escape" to a nearby location within a limited distance, although it can be dangerous. Really, I think it was just an unrealized novelty of the game that the designers ought to have fleshed out that basically explains how they escape from harm after the player rescues them (i.e., making the player feel like they did something good).

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
As the manual states, Nali have limited telekinetic powers. That means they can teleport and move things from a distance, just not too far and with a lot of preparation.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
What about all those Nalis the Skaarj and Krall have locked up in prison cells? Why don't they just teleport away? they've got all the time in the world to prepare.