Things to notes when making an INF map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

The_Mad_Monk

While playing around with a number of 1/2 finished maps I've come to some conclusions with bots and INF maps

1.Don't put the CD where a bot can get at it or they will all just cluster around it, put it off the path somewhere and dont make any pathnodes to it.

2.Having a map where the attackers start with the CD and try to get it past enemy lines helps alot with the bot/ vs CD attraction problem.

3.Don't bother putting mines of any sort near bot paths at they will just grab them all but never use them.

That's all I got right now but I'll post more as I come across them.

...arrgghhh, wanting ladders in Unreal....

P

profit

Anyone know if UT will have ladders?

that would be pretty sweet

M

Matthias

I know of a way to make ladders in Unreal, but it isn't really climbing, and I have only seen it done and never did it or opened UED to see how it was done, but I think it is something like this...
Make a ladder texture and a low gravity zone right in front of the "ladder" so that you fly just high enough to get on the higher surface. Only one map I have seen has done this though, and I forgot which one it was because I have at least 50 maps for DM and INF.

L8r