New Xbox Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
It will be called the Xbox One. Read about it here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one

I checked out the official reveal video for it and some things I was impressed with and others I was not. So what do you think of this?

I'm guessing for a lot of you:
this-i10.jpg

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
its pretty bad, ps4 is set to be the superior console even for us PC gamers it will be better if the PS4 is a bigger success than the xbox one.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Let me recap my initial impressions:

- Preowned games block
- Periodic connection requirement to function (once in every 24h)
- Focus on TV and social elements rather than games
- Non removable internal HDD
- Mandatory game installs
- Kinect always present

Yep, looks good to me /s

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

- TV
- Xbox, go home.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

- Preowned games block
- Periodic connection requirement to function (once in every 24h)
- Focus on TV and social elements rather than games
- Non removable internal HDD
- Mandatory game installs
- Kinect always present

Yep, looks good to me /s

- Somewhat. Could be better than the current used game sales model. We'll see.
- No. Only games will and even then, it will be up to the developers whether their games will have mandatory online or not.
- From what Microsoft's saying, there's an equal focus on all things.
- Yeah, that sounds kinda gay but then, when the 360 first launched, you had to pay for the HDD separately and pay out the *** for it too.
- This also seems like a problem but with a 500 GB HDD I'm not too worried. Also, I'm sure it's a performance thing as well.
- I'm also pretty nervous about this but I'm sure they'll have an option to unplug it or shut it off. If it won't though, I'll be very leery about it all.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I admire your positive attitude, but personally cannot support game ecosystems (or individual titles) that do require online connection to function (especially in SP titles). Also I see problem when games are tied to specific account. Should you ever lose access it's game over. It does not matter here if your connection is not available or account has been hijacked. Also there is no guarantee that games you purchased are playable after X years.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I admire your positive attitude, but personally cannot support game ecosystems (or individual titles) that do require online connection to function (especially in SP titles). Also I see problem when games are tied to specific account. Should you ever lose access it's game over. It does not matter here if your connection is not available or account has been hijacked. Also there is no guarantee that games you purchased are playable after X years.

Hm. Ultimately, there's not enough info about all this to really make any conclusions. Until Microsoft releases how it will all work, it's useless to speculate further.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I'll wait until the 2nd updated version of this console to think about buying it. Microsoft can eat a dick when it comes to new product releases.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'll wait until the 2nd updated version of this console to think about buying it. Microsoft can eat a dick when it comes to new product releases.

So does Sony with their consoles.

Regarding XBOX 360-359 I found the controller to look somewhat cool but they don't even know themselves if it works for PC. Console won't work with Kinect so if you break one you'll break the other so yeah screw this.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
So does Sony with their consoles.

Regarding XBOX 360-359 I found the controller to look somewhat cool but they don't even know themselves if it works for PC. Console won't work with Kinect so if you break one you'll break the other so yeah screw this.
Actually, it depends. I think as long as the Kinect is plugged in and can, at least, turn on, the Xbox One should work. You shouldn't need it to navigate the menus and stuff.

"You go all the way in a big circle, 360. And then come back to ONE" - Francis

Xbox One comes from the fact that Microsoft wants to unify all entertainment to one source, hence the name, "One." It's, admittedly, not the name I would have chosen for it but it could be a lot worse.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
So let me get straight on some other matter
I can like go to some kid's room who's playing CoD, shouting "XBox, Off" and the thing shuts down. Unless there's some huge list of customization regarding what could you let the XBOX1 do.

Television console.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw[/m]

Xbox One comes from the fact that Microsoft wants to unify all entertainment to one source, hence the name, "One." It's, admittedly, not the name I would have chosen for it but it could be a lot worse.

A lot worse.. you mean like "Xbox First" or "The First Xbox" to raise any more confusion?