God is the strangest conspiracy theory ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The concept of a god is a flawed logic perpetuated by the thought that we are special as a species. Our advanced brains turned to storytelling in an effort to explain things we do not understand, while people who sought control in turn molded these stories to control others. There is evidence of this everywhere. There is no actual evidence in the bible or other religious texts, just stories. Jesus was just a form of a different preexisting religious figure that was modified to suit the needs of a group of people and his birthday wasn't on Christmas until the powers that be decided to incorporate that into an already existing "pagan" holiday in an effort to control the masses. All of this information has been proven and known for a long ass time, but people choose to ignore it because they want to be special. Imagine how horrible life would be if everyone applied the same flawed logic to things like chemistry and other sciences. Hydrogen and oxygen do not combine to create water, fairies do.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
And yet many of the world's greatest scientists still believe in God. They sure haven't read any books.

People believe in god (for the most part) because that is what they were raised to do. Sometimes people will flip religions or become nonreligious.

But for the most part they do it because that is what they were taught from very young.

That is usually why most people do most things ever; they were raised to.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Isn't declaring an unseen being non-existent just as crazy as insisting it is real?

Not if the burden of proof is on the believer. Of course, if you are talking about atheism, that is a belief so the same scrutiny still stands. But the probability something exists is probably less than the probability otherwise.

And yet many of the world's greatest scientists still believe in God. They sure haven't read any books.

Well, I believe that it was more out of convenience more than anything especially during the middle ages and the Renaissance. Else you would go under house arrest (like Galileo) for being a heretic or worse.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I wish I could see the forward strides we would've made about our universe.. say in .. one hundred years time. Who knows how much we'll understand about our universe by then (granted, if we're still around. But I'm hopefull...)

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
ChosenPeople.jpg

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
C'mon, guys... We all know that questioning if God exists is a never-ending cycle, so why do people care? Why caring if some all-mighty firgure is watching over us while scratching shkler tenticles when we can care about real situations that truly affect us? Like that fat ugly chick you nailed two nights ago while drunk and desperate and by mistake you told her where you work and now she keeps going there to find you so you have to go hide in the toilet but your boss is in there taking a dump and he forgot to lock the door?

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Like that fat ugly chick you nailed two nights ago while drunk and desperate and by mistake you told her where you work and now she keeps going there to find you so you have to go hide in the toilet but your boss is in there taking a dump and he forgot to lock the door?

lol

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
...But the probability something exists is probably less than the probability otherwise...

I read once that the odds for there being a God where greater then the odds that all life evolved from some ooze. (God believers say 'Eff yeah! Boi!') But then the odds that aliens deposited life here on earth is even higher. (God believers say 'ohhh'...)

So in a sense that both validates and invalidates what you said in the context of this thread... :Poop: