Poll - All weapons fire bullets idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 weapons

• Would you prefer having only: All weapons firing bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UT3 is oky the way it is

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Keep the actual weapons and add more firing bullets weapons!

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Would you like having all weapons firing bullets instead of the actual weapon system of UT3? :eek:

... wow
Having weapons firing bullets DOESN'T MEAN AT ALL = HITSCANS

It just mean bullets, you must make the difference between Hitscans and fast projectiles.
Bullets like in Gears of War are fast projectiles, same for Soldier of Fortune 2.

In other terms, would you prefer the Gears of War weapon system [real bullets] instead of a crazy looking Bio Rifle.

Last edited:

Skakruk

Jan 20, 2008
NO WAY!

That's not what Unreal is about. It's about ASMD projectiles, spinning blades, toxic sludge, Tarydium crystals etc. That's part of what makes it unique.

EDIT: Personally, I think the UT3 Sniper rifle should have been replaced by the Lightning gun again. A bolt of lightning is far better suited to the Unreal world than a slug, even if it is composed of Depleted Uranium. :)

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
That's cool,
Unfortunately it's the opposite for me, that's why I created the poll.

I would prefer the Weapons from GoW in UT3 instead of all these colorful projectiles, they could be replaced by Items, giving more depth into the Unreal Franchise and make UT something far away ahead from the other 10 000 FPS games.

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
except, this idea is actually very dumb........ Its not intellectually amazing or revolutionary. It doesn't make UT3 any different from any other game on the market. If you want games with real bullets you can play Red Orchestra, Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Haze, Counter Strike, Battlefield, Far Cry, Crysis, KillZone, America's Army...

UT differenciates itself from the rest of the pack by being a Sci Fi shooter with crazy futuristic weapons.

Last edited:

Skakruk

Jan 20, 2008
I would prefer the Weapons from GoW in UT3 instead of all these colorful projectiles, they could be replaced by Items, giving more depth into the Unreal Franchise and make UT something far away ahead from the other 10 000 FPS games.

Hehe, more depth? I thought the huge variety of unusual weapons, vehicles, characters and environments in the Unreal series was what gave it it's depth.

UT3 is not the best in it's series when it comes to character and environment variety, however.

Skakruk

Jan 20, 2008
Could you explain what is dumb behind that idea?:lol:

Well, there are already plenty of games out there that serve that purpose. You mentioned GoW - so why not just keep the 'bullet' guns there? Crysis too. If you want to fire even more realistic guns, play CoD.

If Unreal started featuring only traditional cartridge firing guns, it wouldn't be UNREAL would it? The very name of the series explains it. The guns are supposed to be otherworldly (if that word exists ;)).

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
GoW - is a 3rd person game
CoD4 is way to easy + the amount of auto-aim (is it there on PC too???)
Crysis weapons - the weapon dynamic isn't very effective, but the game has cool features for customization

Status
Not open for further replies.