Onslaught UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
sorry for doublepost ;)
BC i just opened the files in the editor and looked arround.will play the mod today later.
well...i just applause what can i say.:)

we should play this map online together all this weekend.someone organize a server pls.this way we could also report eventual bugs to BC.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Vehicles not ready for Online yet.

Comments please!

Also last weekend I added a few things to vehicles, well in some people view's alot. So now the vehicles have headlights or lights on them, they is dragging or drifting, when riding it actually has momentum on them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4BPGQ08

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Its just a taste\test see if you like vehicles already and some new stuff and the gametype. Right now I have already altered some stuff on vehicles, they are ready for online now but only thing is access nones in logs now, and lagg.
I could release next week or week after next but please tell me about vehicles and the gameplay not map. map is last.

See this video its latest build I have.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/onslaught-ut/videos/vehicle-tests

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Umm, what's with the flickering audio? Also, why the hell does the Levi have a Deemer on top? Lol! Also, the player model should sync with the car model, that is, when it is upside down, the player should look upside down as well... With some vehicle weapon adjustments, they would be fine. Oh, and vehicles should collide with each other. The crash sound is awful too. And what's with the lights where they shouldn't be? Like, Goliath doesn't have lights at all (UT3's Goliath has a light near the cannon though), and the Cicada lights are on the front side, not in the middle... The Paladin's sounds are wrong, and WTF, bubble shield? That's too good!

Holy ****! It's good to see that this has evolved. I dropped out of the UT community around the time when BC was just beginning to put out his Manta mod and it's great to see this is still happening.

I'll d/l this and swap out the Manta Beta Models that I was using in one of my maps for these. :grin: Keep up the good work dude!

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Oh crap theres a little mistake in the mod. It seems my racing mod textures fused with onslaught textures. I'll replace download file now. All who downloaded download now.

hatton

Feb 15, 2004
http://www.savefile.com/files/1850506
BETA Download

Hey here is a beta of the mod. All the above I just got down. Reason why it is like this is because what is really being worked on is online work and more majors bugs than putting more code to polishing smaller priorities.

A bug is occurred
When I want to select the gametype in Practice session menu
The Onslaught doesn't show on the list
They shown as blank instead of normally shown on the list.

Why??

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
The moddb one is the same as this, it is beta, I had forgotten to put beta at the end of the mod, also I will look into these problem with not showing up.

SorayMustDie

Approach me and DIE!!
Feb 24, 2008
oh and BC. I found out a few bugs when playing ONS.

-why all the bots either custom models or Not staying in the same models? The one in front of me and the other on the back

- Usually , when I am playing ONS , the bots DO NOT attack me unless I link the node to the enemy power core. but it did attack me sometime.

- and...euh...where is the head of goliath? >_>

- so I load 1 people in hellbender , how the hell can he/she fires??

but overall is a solid gametype. so can I ask you about working on...

-the vehicle with mouselooking? I just move a bit my mouselook any direction when my character is in the vehicle , the mouselooking turn 360 degree
-make sure that the vehicle looks smooth as possible.
-I miss the old enter vehicle key , like press C to enter vehicle and press C again to take off the vehicle.
- Need to works on bots. make sure they attack with vehicle also
- Female announcer for the ONS. Can you add more speech?
-a DAMN MAP please ^_^

thanks BC , you REALLY ROCKS!

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I was about to ask how many maps have been made for this?
Guess that last post answers my question.
I am really looking forward to more from this though.

hatton

Feb 15, 2004
one opinion

I think the player models should not be forced into UT2004 char.
The UT2004 char models can be forced by a mutator,not open as default
that will be better