Making good graphics in the editor is easier than you think

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Both are great engines, and I'm just eager to see what Mr. Sweeney has for Unreal Engine 4. :)

Here's a custom Crysis map someone made recently,
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106965
[screenshot]http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=5ivwmq.jpg[/screenshot]

Man, those Crysis screens look so much better than how it looks on my PC. I have to run it on medium details at 1024 by 768. Clearly, high quality is light years above the medium setting.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
I honestly think that pic doesn't look half as good as a lot of the stuff you see in Crysis running it on very high settings. Still looks better than UT3 though :p

Do you have a monster rig? I just built a new computer awhile ago and my video card's holding me back. Here are the main components: AMD x2 6000 cpu, 2 gigs of ram, and an ati radeon hd 2600 xt. The geforce 8800 GTS was released a couple weeks after I built the thing, to my dismay. It runs UT3 well enough at least.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
I don't have a monster rig but it is definetly a really good pc. Intel Q6700 Which really doesn't matter since Crysis doesnt use quad. 2 gigs of ram, and a nvidia 8800GT. Your video card is probably the only reason you can't run crysis at high settings. Your CPU isn't amazing but it is definetly good.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Q6600, 8800gt (can step up to an 8800gts 512 for $10 or wait for the GX2, but I my last GX2 was OK, but not helpful in some situations).

15k in 3dmark06. :D

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Well, the "9800gx2" is supposed to be like two 8800gt cards bolted together, so I'm not really that happ[y] with Nvidia. I mean, I've been wanting a new highend since last Summer! :D

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
I'm sure they will, but I don't know if anyone of those will fall into the "step-up" range of my eVGA card, and I'm tired of buying $600 GPUs. :D