Infiltration: 8 years later

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I still don't think an exe is a good idea since it's Windows specific. I'm all for a package of community mutators, so people can just grab Inf, grab the mutator pack, map packs from RealMaps and be all set to hop online.

I'll add an easy guide to RD to the quick startup guide in Troubleshooting... soon ;).

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Crowze said:
I still don't think an exe is a good idea since it's Windows specific. I'm all for a package of community mutators, so people can just grab Inf, grab the mutator pack, map packs from RealMaps and be all set to hop online.
It being Windows specific doesn't matter. It should still be done. Most gamers use Windows, plus we can still have a manual install with zip files for all the mac and linux users.... all eight of you :rolleyes:

Getting a simple exe together to make installing INF fool-proof has no downside really. It hurts no one and makes it ten times easier to get new players into INF.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Ideally, a standalone version of INF with only the needed UT files would certainly do wonders, as UT is certainly not easy to find anymore.
Unfortunately, that would certainly lead into legal problems.

/me wishes Epic would do the same as ID with making their old engines open source as long as there is no commercial profit made ...

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
can someone post an easy to repost Armoury listing with photos?

I've noticed from listing the armory alone i've been able to garner some interest among infividuals for the mod. I think if I can push that It might be easier to "sell" the mod to new players.

any thoughts on how this can best be accomplished? Flash slide show, Jpg with specs and screenies?

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
should i add the infiltration 7 years later thing to the wikipedia article for infiltraion?

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Yeh but keeping it to the small stuff will be fine. As long as there's no 8 minute downloads it should be good.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
sigh. and I also need to relink to the CE pack. Think Ill do it soon. Or I make a new thread, and they can let this one sink to the bottomless interweb.