OMG they can't IN ANY WAY be serious about this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
Originally posted by Steyr
I don't see complexity and detail as messiness, I just don't see messy detail as beauty.
So you do see detail as messiness.

What YOU refer to as detail/messiness is random crap on something, this new flak cannon doesn't look like random sh*t placed together. I think if you take my and -AEnubis-'s explanations of how it works, you would see that it is not random nor is it crap. Besides, in Unreal Tournament all the guns are supposed to be futuristic, not simple, you can appreciate simplicity today (Knife, Shotgun, Handgun, Rifle, Machine Gun, Minigun, Grenade launcher, Bazooka) but you'll have to appreciate complexity in the future ( Impact Hammer, Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, Enforcer(s), Link Gun, Stinger, Canister Gun, Rocket Launcher).

In a slightly unrelated subject, why the F*** are they getting rid of the Lightning gun, its my favourite gun despite my limited moving-while-sniping capabilities.

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
->Sachiel<- said:
So you do see detail as messiness.

What YOU refer to as detail/messiness is random crap on something, this new flak cannon doesn't look like random sh*t placed together. I think if you take my and -AEnubis-'s explanations of how it works, you would see that it is not random nor is it crap. Besides, in Unreal Tournament all the guns are supposed to be futuristic, not simple, you can appreciate simplicity today (Knife, Shotgun, Handgun, Rifle, Machine Gun, Minigun, Grenade launcher, Bazooka) but you'll have to appreciate complexity in the future ( Impact Hammer, Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, Enforcer(s), Link Gun, Stinger, Canister Gun, Rocket Launcher).
Impact Hammer=powerful thermally enhanced air compressor + big hunk of metal.
Enforcer=Ordinary simiautomatic handgun.
Flack cannon=shotgun w/ thermite magnisium pellets + electromagnetic coil for secondary fire. add an impact detinator to the shells and there you have it, functional flack cannon made from everyday, modern materials. Actually, it would probably be stronger than the ut flack cannon, cause thermite burns unbelieveably hot (stick a drop on someone's car hood, light it, and it'll burn all the way through the engine and into the concrete underneath.) The launcher would be incredibly simple, you could make it from junkyard parts. The shells would be bigger, and probably need small chips, but they still wouldn't need to be any bigger than they already are. Of course, the magazine would be huge, but all the previous cannons have apparently used teleportation or somthing, cause none of the models, old or new, have magazines of sufficient size. Except possibly the first.

Really, the big reason why i don't like the new model is cause it doesn't have it's own style. it looks like a yellow rocket launcher. I would much prefer it if the new detail capability was spent tword things like wear, scratches, and battle damage. Make it look rugged.

Anyway, thats my feeling on things. But hey, this is supposed to be UNreal tournament, eh? As long as it plays the same, I'll use it.

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
JohnDoe641 said:
A quote that's really worth it.
Yeap. Really, I don't care so much about the game, I just wanna get my hands on the engine! :p

Oh, and I like to argue. Sue me.