Your favorite CTF map (for any game)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
WebSlinger said:
...that people didn't complain about "unbalance" ;)

Oh yeah. they did.
If the Red team lost, they said the Blue team had easier defend the flag.

If Blue team lost, they said the Red team had easier own the sub.

Ruprecht

Cheeky Monkey
Easy for UT1

CTF-Face, hands down!

It's probably the one map that most CTFers got their start on. How many Face servers were there? A frikkin lot. It's still probably the most popular, some may say it's lame and promotes most things that people dislike. Not gonna argue that, spawn killing was rampant, but did that make it any less fun? Noobs loved it, they could sit there and snipe all day, and some of us were those noobs. Face it, it was fast paced and a blast, whether you were a sniping noob, a 1337 shockho, a piston camper, spawn killer, a rocket master or one that just liked to fly the deemer around for 5min, everyone had fun.

CTF-Coret

It was in the demo, for a reason too. It was fun, symmetrical and gave us our first taste of UT CTF.

CTF-Twin Valley2

I'm biased on this one, how I did love to run those walls. Just call me spiderman.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Orbital2 is probably one of my favorite maps ever.... I only really got into CTF in UT though. I went back and tried others but I didn't like CTF as much in Quake or those. Although 4CTF in Unreal1 was pretty fun! :)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Lucious looked really good on paper, but I never had fun playing it competatively.

HallofGiants was entertaining, but I wouldn't consider it one of the best, seemed too novelty.

For UT, I loved EpicBoy, but all time, it'd definately be Scarabre. Man I've got some good memories of that map. Fun times.

hal said:
I have to say that I liked the plethora of asymetrical CTF maps that we got in UT. The only one that was totally unfair in the balance was Command and I even enjoyed that map.

Let's see.... asymetrical CTF layouts (not weapon placement... layouts) in UT/Bonus Packs

Yea, most of those were "playable" but oddly enough, the ones that were weapon unbalanced were the least playable. Niven, and Coret were just hated for that if you had even skilled teams.

Sir_Brizz said:
Although 4CTF in Unreal1 was pretty fun! :)

Multi CTF for UT was awesome, unfortunately, no one played it, so my only experience with it was with bots... I loved the idea though. Being able to cap a flag, which doing which, rescue somone elses flag only to cap 2 for yourself. Thinking about stopping another cap if said team was winning, just to slow them down. So many possibilities.

PoweR'

Jun 25, 2003
CTF-SpamFactory or CTF-Deck16. I'd like to see someone do those for UT2003..

*hint*hint* ;)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I know this is a UT forum and all, but I can't believe of all the different games, UT-CTF maps are getting all the attention. My top 5 prolly wouldn't be UT.

Blastside was another old fav of mine.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Tribes. One of the only variations of CTF I ever enjoyed. JK][ was good as well, but none of the maps were that memorable.

I dug TFC too... the varying abilities or classes was what I liked. The level design, and how it worked with the play in Tribes was really good though. Vehicles were much fun too.

Last edited:

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
I enjoyed Eternal Caves and Lava Giant the most, something about them made them so much fun to play over and over. Facing Worlds was also a good map for me to play, the bots were dumb and I could easily get a Godlike on them, they only shot at me sometimes when I was on the tower. I also enjoyed the beta verison of Eternal Caves for UT2k3, now I just want to see the classic remake for Lava Giant.

Crimson Drake

Oct 25, 2003
Visit site
My favorite CTF map is CivilWar 2001 for UT. I just played it online today, and I don't know where to get it. It's alot like Civil war only with more hilly terrain and the flag areas are 3 storys tall.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Crimson Drake said:
My favorite CTF map is CivilWar 2001 for UT. I just played it online today, and I don't know where to get it. It's alot like Civil war only with more hilly terrain and the flag areas are 3 storys tall.

If you played it online, you can save it from your UT cache.