vehicles available?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i saw the hummer vehicle on the infiltration- homepage.. will it be downloadable as a decoration for free use or will it only be implemented in a map of the one who made it [i'm not sure- was it silencer?] ... and will there will be other vehicles? hope anybody can answer my questions.. thanx

-reaper was here and will also come back-

bastard_o

Lead Designer
The Hummer mesh will be a insertable class object within your levels.

Others are planned.

I am not a modeller yet, but I make many brushes for vechicles you may have seen my APC M3 Half-Track (that I renovated and got the engine working after 55 years /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Other APC's are planned as brushes, I have a missing link.. I can convert t3d files to dxf but I need the next stage ie dxf to 3ds so to make a mesh.

Problem with a mesh is the collision hull, if I am not mistaken a mesh can have only one hull, a brush as you know has proper geometry hence my dilema... meshes are better for fps, but meshes are crap for movers that you could travel on, like a nice truck.

Some question -reaper-...

What did you want these vechicles for... ?
What actual vechicles did you have in mind ?

Bastard'O

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i thought of making an assault map where a military squad must attack a hidden terrorist base in a civil area and i thought that some military vehicles on the startpoint of the squad would add to the realism.. and that's what infiltration is all about isn't it?
thought of two light armored trucks and a hummer.. :)

-i am the reaper-

p.s.: i'm relatively new at this forum [you may start shouting newbie!newbie! .. now! ;-) ] so i haven't seen your apc yet.. where can i see it?

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
NEWBIE! NEWBIE!

NEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWBBBIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!

New... bie... New... bie... New-bie new-bie new...

Now to add some razz'em dazz'em.

That can count as your hazing, -reaper-. Consider yourself un-newbiefied, no matter what the others say. You have admitted newbie status and thus deserve gentle pats on the head like a puppy growing up... TO BECOME A MAN!

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Here is that M3 APC HalfTrack I renorvated, like a VW beetle the engine still runs after 55 years.

In edited shoot btw.

apc_m3_halftrack.jpg

PolyCount not to bad either.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
AH...
SWEET! MOTHER! OF!...

...GOD! GIMME GIMME GIMME! PLZ!

I need it! I've got the hummer, but I havent got this, this is awesome!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

bastard_o

Lead Designer
The Half-Track will be appearing in a map near you soon, in all forms Multi-brush, complete brush, mover brush and mesh.

Hopefully you guys must appreciate that took some time to build, scan and edit the textures, correct the ambience of the textures, build a texture pack etc etc.

Many hours of work...

Evil Joe

I Will Kill You
Feb 13, 2000
Pretty nice Bastard'O! Another example of great textures making all the difference.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
bastard_o, great work on the APC. Can you recommend any websites for getting good pictures or textures of assorted vehicles? Technical drawings of vehicles showing the correct scale would also be great. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Hey "Pink Rabbit" the name is "Bastard'O", no-one calls me a Bastard...... lol

Vehicles, textures, size and shape... humm sadly I have NO idea at all...

I have only one excellent LARGE book that has ALL WWII tanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

So for modern day stuff, which we need I guess to fit Inf better, I think we all need to do some searching, maybe "Jane's" books may have the info we need..

Hope you don't mind this GunSlinger... but
Hey guys Gun has taken on modelling and from what I have seen so far, he is getting very good in deed.

So low to medium polycount brushes and meshes of Vehicles, Planes, Trees etc etc may be available to us all in the future.

Hope I haven't spoken out of turn Gun dude...

Bastard'O

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Yo, when are you going to send those meshes for me to skin?

------------------
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!
Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough
attention when you were a child?!!!
*BANG* -FMJ