It's time for Stupid Question Theatre!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
With your host, DER HYENA-MANN!

Alright. Smack me for blasphemy, but I've been playing a lot of Half-Life 2, and I notice that if you play a map online that's not on your HD, it downloads it automatically for you. UT does the same, of course, but the difference is that I can play these downloaded HL2 maps offline. I want to know if there's a way to get my cache stuff to convert to actual useful map stuff. Anyone know any programs, command line parameters, something?

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
You want ut2004mi - it manages your cached downloads so you can install them at a later date. You can get it here.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Copy-pasted from the Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 FAQ:

I downloaded this awesome map from the server, but when I want to play it offline, I can't find it. What gives?
To prevent your UT2004 folder from cluttering up with custom material, everything that is downloaded is placed in the \cache folder of UT2004.
You can go to this folder and check the cache.ini file to see how you should rename the files there, but it's a lot easier to use a program for this (like the aforementioned UT2004Mi).
Note that downloading a map from a server won't download any custom music it contains.