*help* With Running Unreal Tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mdgoalie

Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
I just got my new computer.
1400 mhz athlon
128 megs of ddr ram
40 gig hard drive
msi starforce g2 pro 64 meg
soundblaster xgamer sound card

my problem is, when im playing unreal tournament, or even in the main menu screen, i click on something or move my mouse it doesnt respond for a second or two. When im playing ut, it does this, ex. i move my mouse so i woudve turned around half way, well it goes really slow, and then just zipps really fast to the final point i moved my mouse to.

BTW, this happened on my old 500 mhz, 192 megs ram, g2 mx pci card

Any help would be appreciated

O one more thing, i have a cordless mouse, do you think that could be affecting it?

j112881

Aug 12, 2001
DE
Visit site
also if you have alot of proccess running in the background it can slow it down. use the task manager to end all task except for systray and explorer before u play and see if that helps. there are also some tips for tweaking ut that u can find on plaent unreals website if you search for them one is setting a cache size to like 3/4's of your ram. this helps out alot on most systems.