Official Site/Forum Issues Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you're having a problem or getting an error viewing a part of the site or on the forums, post it here.

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
Why can i see things i have edited. ( i know them already) Also who else can see it. Doesnt it defeat the purpose of editing?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I believe only your friends and admins can see your post changelogs.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Well I guess this isn't a site-wide issue and probably just something to do with my settings but I couldn't be bothered to make a whole new thread on this.

It used to be that when I was for example searching a name in the member list and I would start typing out a name, a little box would appear underneath the input bar giving me names starting with the letters I had entered.

Well, that's not happening anymore for me.

In case the above wasn't clear enough, I think it's the same thing which when you start writing a tag, would give you the names of tags that have already been written. Some ajax thingie or so? Not sure...
How can I get this to work again?

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
The first thing to check is that you don't have anything in your browser interfering with it. Firefox extensions and such.

Also, are you using a theme other than the default on the forums?

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I'm using the default forum theme.
It has worked for me in the past, with this exact firefox setup I believe.
Gunna try clearing my cookies, see if that helps.
[edit] nope, didn't help...

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Most likely an ad provider that doesn't know what it is doing and only tests in IE. If you can get the address it tries to download, that would be helpful.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
The first thing to check is that you don't have anything in your browser interfering with it. Firefox extensions and such.

Also, are you using a theme other than the default on the forums?

meh. Switched to the default FF skin, switched off my extensions and it still doesn't work :(

I've tried using IE and I've updated my MS .NET framework, but all to no avail... ideas?
made a new thread about this in tech. problems as unless anyone else is having this issue it's not site related.

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I know this has been mentioned by someone recently in some thread, but this thread is for such a thing so . .
I have also noticed that when you post a quick reply it posts it but it takes you to the "cannot post so soon / Wait "" secs" screen.

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
meh. Switched to the default FF skin, switched off my extensions and it still doesn't work :(

I've tried using IE and I've updated my MS .NET framework, but all to no avail... ideas?
made a new thread about this in tech. problems as unless anyone else is having this issue it's not site related.

Have you done the "Clear Private Data" thing recently? Reason I ask is one of the options there is to clear the form filler thingy (technical name) sounds to me like thats whats happened cos stuff you fill out in search forms etc is stored locally.. not on this site.

Form Filler Thingy aka Saved Form and Search History.... If theres a tick in this box and you cleared that data thats why it isnt auto filling search forms and the like.

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
The thing dub is talking about isn't client side. It is an AJAX feature of vBulletin. The tags and search username fields send requests to the server, which returns a list of options to display.