DOM point problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Im making a DOM map for UT2004. Domination point A is directly above B on a seperate floor. Whenever I rebuild all the editor moves B to a different place, and gives an error saying "This type of navigation point cannot be based on Scout20". It only does this when the A is above B.
Am I not aloud to have one domination point above the other?:(

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
bobnine said:
Am I not aloud to have one domination point above the other?:(
It's not a matter of not being allowed; the retail map DOM-Conduit has the domination points positioned in this way, and a quick test map I made allowed it as well. So it must be something specific to your map. I'm not at all sure what it could be though. Would you be willing to upload the map somewhere (not NC obviously since it's unfinished -- maybe as a beta map at UP?) so we could play around with it a bit?

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
I tried moving A away, and puting B where I want it, and it had the same error, so obiviously it has nothing to do with the points being close together. If i place A where B was i get the same error "This type of navigation point cannot be based on Scout20". What the hell is scout20?

Attachments

• DOM-000.zip
    111.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Actuly, it seems to work as long as don't rebuild, so I'll just have to put the DOM points back to thier proper spots whenever I rebuild

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
I just selected all actors, then copied and pasted them into a new map, and the problem went away. I still don't know what would cause it, but it seems to be fixed.

Attachments

• DOM-001.zip
    108.5 KB · Views: 11

Goldfenix

yus
Sep 21, 2005
a place that only I can exist in
The same thing happened to me when I was redesigning a map from Metroid Prime 2 called Crossfire Chaos, and made it for DOM in UT2k4. I placed a wildcardbase in the middle of the map and made it float on an invisable platform. When I built paths it said it couldn't be placed there, so I slightly moved it over a tad and it was fixed. Maybe yours are right in the center of the map? If so, then move them by a decimal number on X or Y, maybe it will be fixed.
I played your map and it looks like it could use more work then just to fix the DOM Points. An effect you can add in for your map is maybe some wind (xemitter or emitter) in your skybox, or possibly below the map, to make it feel like your really up high. Maybe some slight amount of fog. Also need a kill zone so when you fall you die in air instead of splatting on an invisable surface.

Last edited:

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
I just started the map, I still havent fully decided on the layout, and your not going to be able to fall to your death in the final version anywhere(well.. not with full health anyway). Its not supposed to feel high up, its suposed to feel like your on the ground, not in the sky, its just that ive barely started it.

Edit: It sounds as though you played the version that Ironblayde uploaded, inwhich the terrain info was imbedded in the level geometry(so there was no terrain there just an empty space inwhich you fell to your death).

Also, thanks for the advice, I moved the entire level to a new location on the grid, and it got rid of the error.

Last edited: