Firsties!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm still shaking off the cobwebs here from my holiday fog and I'm a little late in posting this, but... welcome to the new year! For the first time in quite a while we're entering into a new year without an Unreal Tournament game at the forefront of the news and none on the horizon. The Make Something Unreal Contest is coming to a head and we're entering into a time where custom content historically slows down considerably.

So what's in store for the year?

We'll continue to cover the community happenings for all of the Unreal and Tournament titles, of course. We're also looking forward to E3 and the avalanche of trade shows and are eagerly anticipating any announcements from Epic Games including (hopefully) any light they can shed on Bulletstorm. The possibilites of standalone games built on the UDK are also intriguing. We'll definitely be on top of those. Will we be seeing many UE3 mobile games this year?

We've also got a minor game-review backlog to clear, including Borderlands. Many great U Engine games were on sale over the holidays. I'm sure lots of us picked up a few titles we've been meaning to play and we'll look at doing a few retro-reviews.

Finally, we're currently testing VBulletin 4, the latest version of the forum software we use, which brings with it a whole host of interesting new community features we may be rolling out. More on that to come.

As I've detailed above, 2010 brings with it many new things in the Unreal Engine universe. I'm personally hoping one of those things is Shadow Complex for the PC. Steam release, please! More info on the (EG subsidiary) People Can Fly developed title is high on my interest meter. We know Epic Games primary studio is structured to develop at least two games simultaneously, so we can't wait to see what they've got cooking in Cary. Here's to the new year!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I would love to see Shadow Complex on PC. Even if it was done via GFWL I don't care.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
SC is too good to be only on XBLA so I third that statement. Looking forward to Bulletgunzstorm.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Happy Belated New Year! Can a new year be late anyway :eek:

SC is too good to be only on XBLA so I third that statement. Looking forward to Bulletgunzstorm.

Aye "BS" is a good title for a game isn't it :D

As for PC releases, GoW2 may ring some bells and unless they make it happen, balls will break and men will fall :p

kick-in-the-nuts.jpg

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
[NBK]Rattman;2401319 said:
I also would look forward to a SC release for PC...damn them xbox controllers...lol
I wouldn't expect either SC or GoW2 for the PC unless they explicitly announced it. I doubt MS would let go of such Xbox defining titles as those, and I doubt Epic would be in any hurry to cross them on that.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Happy New Year Hal and Brizz. :)

Happy New Year everyone!