Share Your Old Hardware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I've got a load of really old stuff should someone want to try and piece it together for nostalgic reasons.

a Socket 7 P166
A motherboard to go with it. Has PCI slots, dont reconise anything else....
A sound/game card for one of the unidentified slots
A pci graphics card.
Would be nice to know just what the hell half of it is.....

also, I'm on the look out for any old socket A parts.

PS. Love the animation in your sig Jackal :tup:

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
The_Head said:
No idea on model.
But its a serious oldschool one, only connecters on the back are:
mic, line-in, speaker and a game/midi connecter.
Are you able to get an image of it? It might be one of the cards I'm collecting.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I'm fairly sure it will be ISA, but pics will be helpful.

Hyrulian Hero, my sister has (or had) a spare Radeon 9600XT but I don't know how much cash she is asking for it, nor how much postage would be from here. I can find out more if you are interested.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Heres a pic:
oldsoundcard.jpg

btw, to make clearer what I am loking for:
Anything that will work with a socket A computer ;)
That includes RAM :p
I want a cpu and any gf card most.

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
The_Head said:
You think that looks basic, you should see the gfx card from the same original computer. lmao. now that is basic....
And I bet you think graphics cards are huge these days - take a look at this link and you'll see how big sound cards could be 10-15 years ago ;)

Before you ask, that card is 35CM long and I currently have the exact same one sitting right next to me in an anti-static bag. And no, it's not going since it's soon to be put to use :D

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I have a sound card simmilar to that one above, but it has more chips on it. It`s an IBM FRU P\N 09N5384
Don`t know if it`s any good or not.
I have soo much spare stuff laying around I really should clean it out, several VCs, some working, some not, memory sticks, mice, KVM switchs, network hub, VC heat sinks, tons of cables, several brand new small power supplies, etc. But, I`m not comfortable with just giving it away though.

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
Rukee said:
I have a sound card simmilar to that one above, but it has more chips on it. It`s an IBM FRU P\N 09N5384
Don`t know if it`s any good or not.
I have soo much spare stuff laying around I really should clean it out, several VCs, some working, some not, memory sticks, mice, KVM switchs, network hub, VC heat sinks, tons of cables, several brand new small power supplies, etc. But, I`m not comfortable with just giving it away though.
If you do end up giving anything away I could use a KVM switch, preferably with a USB hookup for mouse.

I need to go through all my old stuff, I probably have enough PCI dialup modems to supply all of BuF.

Oh and Crowze, I asked about that PC2700 2 posts before you. :p

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I`ll give away for the cost of shipping only a few parts I have...
ATI 9800, no heat sink and fan. Card = fried.
Chaintech GF4 Ti300 = non working
9FX motion 531 PCI VC = unkown condition
above mentioned IBM sound card = unknown condition
yellow wire sleaving kit = unopened
blue wire sleaving kit = used but lots left
several rear PCI slot mounted USB adapters wires
many SATA HDD connecters
MSI dual CPU heat sinks, 2-a64 screw down style(#2 CPU), 1 clamp down(#1 CPU) some new unused