SHOULD WE KEEP THE LIGHTNING GUN?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should Lightning Gun Stay?

• YES!!!

Votes: 126 71.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
I think everyone would agree that the lightning gun is sex from what I heard so far, please vote so Epic might notice (please). Mail Epic too.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
->Sachiel<- said:
please vote so Epic might notice (please). Mail Epic too.

HAY EPIX MAEK IT A SINPER GAEM ONLY KTHX.
Aka, don't even think about it.

[Ci]Savatage

Oct 12, 2004
Erm... they aren't going back to a more close combat game for nothing... nope. Classic sniper did fine in UT1, will do fine again in 2k7.

HarrySpanner

coool
Jan 26, 2006
usa
imageevent.com
im going out on a limb here savatage, but i think that BOTH the LtG and SR are long range hitscan. the SR, if i have been informed correctly, is somewhat lacking in a duel against a flak cannon.

oh, and the LtG is sexxxy
the SR is not :sniper: :shake:

p.s. sexy signature savatage :p

Last edited:

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
[Ci]savatage, you have to realise that they are BOTH sniper rifles, for long distance y'know. The only difference is, LtG is more fair because it better reveals the position of the sniper which forces him/her to relocate instead of camp, UT is a fast-paced game and the LtG helps keep up the pace. PLUS, the LtG is sexy. If the game was going to be ONLY close-quarters, they wouldn't even have a sniper, keep that in mind. Another thing to keep in mind is the life span of these guns, both of them appeared in 2 of the 3 games in the UT series, you can't say that the SR is more signature than the LtG, if anything the LtG is a signature weapon because the sniper rifle is cliche and is present in almost all FPS games.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
LG for teh win.
The lightning tracer and uniqueness beats the sniper "pop!" and blandness by a longshot.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
My vote goes to Sniper Rifle. I think LG is a great weapon, but I like SR and it feels more "classic weapon".

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
As I said in another thread, I bet SR won't be prevalent in DM anyway. If there was any need for a sniping weapon in DM Epic would've stuck with LtG, they're not stupid... SR will be for the other gametypes, just like the cars and spaceships are, and neither of the weapons featured in this poll will come into DM play.

Just a prediction :x

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I don't mean to start anything here, but I always felt that they should let the "classic" and "vintage" features stay in the classic and vintage games.
It always annoys me when people are unhappy if they add something that isn't a pure replica of something classic because it was "best".

I'm all for a new sniper weapon alltogether, but should I have to choose between the LG and SR, I'd choose the LG mostly because of it's clear tracer which I feel balances it perfectly.

The UC2 sniper tracer isn't too bad. It has a condensated tracer similar to what you get from the edges of airplane wings and stuff. While not entirely realistic, it makes more sense than a puff of smoke from the ut2k4 musketeer rifle while still leaving a clear indicator of where the shot came from.

[Ci]Savatage

Oct 12, 2004
d0h I shouldn't post that late... makes my sentences look stupid. Of course the classic sniper is a long-range weapon, it isn't a sniper for nothing :p What I meant to say was, that we don't need 2 long-range weapons and the classic sniper did fine in UT1. If they bring it back to those proportions I would love to see the lg tossed out off the window. Never liked that weapon...

Oh and thnx HarrySpanner, but erm... which sig? :p I got them on rotate, there's even a WoW one in there :D