reloadable UT weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
I thought I'd start releasing some of my old UT mods online. This is one of my more presentable mods. :)

Weapon Reloads v1

Description:
Adds GoldenEye style reloads to the UT weapons.

Weapons:
- Reloadable Enforcer
- Reloadable Bio Rifle
- Reloadable Shock Rifle
- Reloadable Pulse Gun
- Reloadable Ripper
- Reloadable Minigun
- Reloadable Flak Cannon
- Reloadable Rocket Launcher
- Reloadable Sniper Rifle
- Translocam

Mutators:
- Weapon Reloads: Use the reloadable weapons.
- Translocamera: Use the Translocam.

Options:
Reload count (clip size), and reload time can be configured for each reloadable weapon. Just go to "Weapon Reloads Config" in the mod menu.

Download.

Is there a more suitable place for me to be releasing mods? It's quite likely no one will play this, but I thought I'd share anyway :).

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
sorry, I am not positive about this. :(

The mut does what it says, and you solved the reload animation pretty well with the weapon swap animation.
Its not really the mut itself, but I dont think reloadable weapons are a good combination with UT.

Its not only really a matter of taste I think, but you must know that in UT battles are fast, and I think its only annoying when you have to reload in the middle of the combat.
So I dont see this mut as funny or helpfull or even something special at all.
(which is the purpose of the most muts)

I think you maby can use it in combination with realistic mods like 'Infiltration' or something, but imo, your mut doesnt really fit in UT. :/

Lord_Darkness

Lord of Darkness
Jul 29, 2004
Brazil
www.moddb.com
But yeah, that's interesting... in fact, every weapon should be reloadable. I've thought of doing this with all the *Apocalypse Weapons*, but I realised it'd not work well, in the Unreal Universe. But I'll try it later and see how it works... :D

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
I usually wouldn't use the reloadable weapons, but every game of UT '99 that I play has the Translocam (included in the "reloadable weapons" package). The lack of translocam really bothered me after playing Unreal Championship and UT2004.

Lord_Darkness

Lord of Darkness
Jul 29, 2004
Brazil
www.moddb.com
Actually, there was a mod long ago, for the Unreal Tournament Demo, which had some sort of Translocam. I tried to port it to the retail version long ago, but at that time I wouldn't be able to do that... so I gave up. :lol:

Last edited:

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
Yeah I had that. It worked fine in the retail version of UT, but that might have been a port of the original...

The problem with that translocam was that it made the system lag like hell (because it's essentially drawing two viewports - yours and the translocam's). I tried to make mine more like the UT2004/UT2003/UC Translocator.

Nephew9999

Aug 9, 2011
Noo i know its an old treat but da links is down hope someonelse share a mirror plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Noo i know its an old treat but da links is down hope someonelse share a mirror plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I agree, I'd like to try this mutator too, but on a different note, please stop posting things like "da" instead of "the", plural instead of singular, etc, as it's annoying. I'm not trying to be offensive, so please don't take it as such, it's just that 'talking street' (or whatever you'd call it) is not only far from impressive, but also very annoying.

But yes, I'd really be interested in the reload mod. Playing FPS games nowadays that don't have reload seems strange somehow, and having a reload function adds to the game, I feel.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Post your mod at moddb I think people should use this site more often it's probably one of the safest I think even if using others might be also helpful

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
If you want to really find this mod, you're going to have to do some grunt work.

I'm pretty sure it's not in ModDB. You'll probably have to check all the Unreal Tournament FileFront files.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Did anyone ever manage to locate this mod? I've had no joy, so if anyone knows where to find it, please let us know.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
It's not on Gamefront. Neither is it on UT-FIles. The problem here, I bet, is this:

porkmanii said:
Is there a more suitable place for me to be releasing mods? It's quite likely no one will play this,

Seeing that he didn't know where else to put the mod and thought no one would care, he just released it on his site which, as we know, got shut down. As such, the only way to get it was cut off. If you contact him somehow though, that would be worth a shot.

Last edited:

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
sorry, I am not positive about this. :(

The mut does what it says, and you solved the reload animation pretty well with the weapon swap animation.
Its not really the mut itself, but I dont think reloadable weapons are a good combination with UT.

Its not only really a matter of taste I think, but you must know that in UT battles are fast, and I think its only annoying when you have to reload in the middle of the combat.

This.
This is the exact reason the PulseGun's reload animation was removed before the games final release!

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I've been working on the mod "Food Fight" for the last few months:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/food-fight
and each weapon has a reload animation that is forced. Individually the weapons all look very nice, function well, have nice animations. The problem is when you put them all together: the constant reloading just kills the action. UT was not designed to have reloading, end of story. It ruins the fun.

BTW, I resigned as coder because removing the reloading was not an option for the project leader. I just don't think it will do well because of that part of the weaponry. They are looking for a lead coder if someone has interest and really knows online weapons. It's a great group, the mod is well on developed, but you need to have replication knowledge and not just how to swap projectiles. You might see them if you are interested.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Aside for the fitting or not fitting it really depends, the reload is just made to reduce the pace a tad and suggest more prudence than going straight forward.
The fact it fits or not is a matter of tastes actually but it's certain that having certain weapons that reloads and others not doesn't make much sense, however something that is kinda universal can work well.
But when you put reloads on weapons in a fast paced game, you can't put slow reloads, if you do you will just make the gameplay relatively unfun.
I played some mods with a few reloadable weapons, and they work fine because of a relatively fast reload.
Since you are talking about the food fight mod, I can even tell that the reloads should be faster overall ;)