Unreal Championship 2 Preview.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hives24

Jun 1, 2004
This game looks extremely good. Just by adding the ripper back in you can tell they are getting the series back on track. It looks like they are reinventing the series in the right direction. And the graphics look stunning!! My only complaints are that they do not allow as many people to play in a game as in UC, but oh well. Oh and they wont release it on pc, YOU GUYS HAVE 2K4, STOP COMPLAINING. :mad:

Invincibility

~Kanadian~
Jun 6, 2004
tool said:
As long as they give unreal championship owners a free copy for screwing us who paid $50 over.... hey how was I suppose to know they would back down on their promise of constant Xbox live updates? Didnt realize that only meant 3 new crappy maps. :eek:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I don't trust epic to get it right. And if they do release it they will just ignore it afterwards like they did with the original UC.

mhm, I can understand that, in comparison to the way valve has treated CS, they'd better give CS2//Half life 2 for free on xbox :p

CH8yo$1

Unregistered User
Oct 30, 2003
Visit site
hmm ripper ? i read a news long time ago... in the news stand that the ripper will return
hmm... dunno if this epic dude meant uc2 or ut2k4 ... we probaly get the ripper back with next map pack from epic and DE

T.Dizzle

Jan 21, 2004
I loved UC... Still play it often... fun atmosphere good graphics...

theo nly problem i had was the lack of weapons. the maps were fun but we needed more. Im sure this will be good... it looks good

Mainstream

Jun 19, 2004
I think that they should have added more weapons into the game, but I don't think that the lack of weapons puts the game at a major disadvantage. If you really think about it, aside from the redeemer and a couple other weapons, what other ones do Unreal players ever use? Epic included the popular ones in the game. Sure, more weapons and gadgets are always a welcome addition, but they aren't a necessity.

T.Dizzle

Jan 21, 2004
uh i know... but the ones they put in there were boring. The only thing i play is insta gib because thats the on;y weapon thats fun. all the other weapons were boring to me.

percy

p-p-pick up a percy!
Jul 8, 2004
This looks great, never heard of it before though until now heh.

MINISTRY

Sep 23, 2004
Has Midway done anything right since the MK days?... The fact that they are now involved with Unreal makes me want to go postal in the midway offices , either that or hurl directly into the face of the idiot who decided this was a good idea - EXORCIST STLYE. WTF!! Why couldn't they get involved with something they know the smallest bit about - LIKE THE NEXT FIGHTING GAME OR SOME ****!!

The ability to switch back and forth from melee sounds more like a hindrance than anything. Third person perspective, again WTF!! If I want a 3rd person game I will fugging buy one!!

I seriously can't understand why they would want to screw up something that is working so well.

Like one of my friends does. I am going to wave my fist in the air, and stomp my feet real fugging hard until MIDWAY stops the madness!! I am sure they will stop this BS when they realize my protests.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
well, Midway does have a new Mortal Kombat game coming out. And relaly, all Midway ahs to do is promote it - Epic still builds the game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
MINISTRY said:
Has Midway done anything right since the MK days?... The fact that they are now involved with Unreal makes me want to go postal in the midway offices , either that or hurl directly into the face of the idiot who decided this was a good idea - EXORCIST STLYE. WTF!! Why couldn't they get involved with something they know the smallest bit about - LIKE THE NEXT FIGHTING GAME OR SOME ****!!

The ability to switch back and forth from melee sounds more like a hindrance than anything. Third person perspective, again WTF!! If I want a 3rd person game I will fugging buy one!!

I seriously can't understand why they would want to screw up something that is working so well.

Like one of my friends does. I am going to wave my fist in the air, and stomp my feet real fugging hard until MIDWAY stops the madness!! I am sure they will stop this BS when they realize my protests.
You are an idiot.

UC1 sucked randy donkey balls from here to Katmandu. Don't knock UC2 until you've tried it. I have, and I think it's going to be great.

MINISTRY

Sep 23, 2004
You are an idiot.

A victim of your own words.

UC1 sucked randy donkey balls from here to Katmandu.

An interesting statement considering the now 1 million copies sold, and the 300,000 plus posts at the xbox.com forums.

Besides what you do with donkeys on the privacy of your own farm should be kept there.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
MINISTRY said:
A victim of your own words.
:rolleyes:
An interesting statement considering the now 1 million copies sold, and the 300,000 plus posts at the xbox.com forums.

Besides what you do with donkeys on the privacy of your own farm should be kept there.
What was the last "mediocre" game that DIDN'T sell more than a million copies (on a console)?

UC1 was a FAILURE. It was buggy as crud AND it was littered with many of the same exploits as UT2k3 AND it introduced a whole slew of other exploits with Auto-Aim and everything else.

The game sucked. Plain and simple. Find me any one person that says the game COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER.

MINISTRY

Sep 23, 2004
Hmmm... BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. No come back for the donkey thing... :eek2:

I guess what happens on the farm stays on the farm... :lol:

Even after playing it at GDC, I still can't see how it will work very well.
but the melee combat system is going to be a big pain later on when regular joe shmo is playing it. It was alot of fun but I felt cheated every time I tried to play hand to hand. Maybe I just suck at console games...
So you don't like it and you don't think it will work.

Don't knock UC2 until you've tried it. I have, and I think it's going to be great.
O.K - you do like it and you think it will be great.

You really should make up your mind before you start a discussion/argument
:stick:

My point is this: Unreal is known to be a great first person shooter, not a fighting game or third person person shooter. I just wish they would continue to refine the current concept than push some hybrid fighting/adventure/first person/third person/melee combat B.S down our collective throats.

UT2k3 AND it introduced a whole slew of other exploits with Auto-Aim and everything else.

AA on or off, I don't care - because its either on or off for everyone and in the case of UC you could join either game type. If your a rocket user and in a game of AA on and getting owned by a lightning gunner, go join the other game type and shut up. I knew some rocket users who could hold their own in any game type. Very rarely will I enter a game of UNREAL 2K4 -AA OFF- and find someone who is absolutely unstoppable with the lightning gun or shock primary fire. If I do find this person, much props for the insane skills. Instead most use shock rifle secondary, flak, rockets (general area weapons)- YOU DON'T NEED TO HIT THE TARGET, JUST GET CLOSE. More often than not, the person who loves NO AA would be screwed without his general area weapons.

:404: <<<<great smiley :lol:

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No I think the mechanic of it will be hard for people to grasp. I don't know how it will work. I liked it just fine, the convergence of Melee and FPS will make the game more complex thus forcing joe shmo player who never plays anything into a situation where they have a harder time playing. I never said I didn't like it. Don't put words into my mouth.

Basically, the only way to get anywhere in UC without auto-aim is to use Rockets. The only way to get anywhere with it on is with the Ltg. I have never joined a game of UC where ANY player was successfully using any other weapon (maybe sometimes the Shock, but RARELY. Most people don't even use the Flak, and the other weapons are straight useless). So in other words, the game is a splash damage bunny hopping festival unless AA is on, in which case Ltg and Shock Primary prevail. In other words, the game sucks.

It's not like Halo (which I don't enjoy the MP of anyhow) where you have a number of weapons that are useful in different situations. There are 2-3 weapons that you can use 100% of the time (never have to switch). It doesn't have the dynamic of ANY of the Unreal games.

That said, none of the Unreal games ever ported over well to the consoles. UT for DC and PS2 was a failure. UC was a failure. If there is any chance that an Unreal titled game will be successful on the XBox it is with UC2. That doesn't mean it will be, but it will be 21834709283470921% better than UC1.

Also, Unreal 2k4 is on the PC.