PNY Ti 4600 problems with UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevelationUG

Mar 7, 2002
www.unrealgroup.com
Question...I have the aformentioned card and when i get into UT, the screen shakes. the graphics ROCK but the screen shakes like its in degaussing mode (but its not). It doesnt shake on the desktop, just in UT (running D3D). Anyone seen this? Any thoughts?

Thanks Friends... -Rev

Sys. Specs:

2.2Ghz Intel
1Gig DDR Ram
GeForce4 Ti 4600
2 60Gig IBM 7200 Drives
SB Audigy Plat.
DSL
DVD and Burner

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
there are a few internal tweaks which might affect this, one is "slowvideobuffering" under display in advanced properties (get there by typing "preferences" in the console), you'd want hat disabled. under Direct3d i think everythings ok with GF4 under there, unless if you want fog on ("vertex fog" enable "volumtric lighting" enabled).
then onto windows, your need to use a program like NVmax or Rivatuner to disable Vsync for Direct3d. this can also be done in advanced display properties under more direct3d (needs registry hack to get this, not working too well with 27.50+ drivers)

hope that helps ya. fairly certain its Vsync.

RevelationUG

Mar 7, 2002
www.unrealgroup.com
Thanks for your help. I tried all of what you suggested...and have no luck so far. Although, NVMax does not have a place to turn off VSync for D3D (only OpenGL). Wasn't sure if there was another possibility?!?!

-Rev

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
why are you running the GF4 in 3D???
openGL is what the GF`s do best, and your FPS will prolly be higher too.
Give it a try! :)