F88 AUStyer... What's so bad?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
BTW, just to answer some unanswered questions, the Steyr AUG and F88a1 both use a 1.5x magnification optical sight, however with updating to the a2 version (features a rail over the reciever), any optical sight can be mounted.

And i can't believe somepeople actually think Australia ditched the F88 for M16's and M4's. The M16 failed pretty much all the tests we put them through when looking to replace the L1a1. The M16 was issued during and after vietnam to replace existing stocks of Owen and F1 SMGs, and currently the M4a1 is only issued to SASR and commando units, and even then the men can choose to use the F88 instead, it's just the M4a1 is better suited to carrying multiple attachments than the F88 is.

So Sapper, whats with the 4 year revival anyway?

Beat me to it ;) . Oh and as for the iron sights on the styer, they may as well not be there, they're ****ing useless.

Personally i'm not a fan of bullpups, given the option, i'd rather an M4.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Meh, M4's aren't all that great either. They've got one hell of a "dirty" action, their not as lefty friendly and their a bloody 16" carbine. now i like the M4 styling, but i'd have to go with a commercial gas piston variant with a 18" or 20" barrel.

Roger

Roger
Jun 30, 2009
Austyer Comparison

Recently I met a chap who claims to be in the AFP. He showed me a deadly looking picture of him and some mates dressed black with armour and holding what he said was a 5.56mm NATO T7.

I looked at the photo and thought it was an 9mm Heckler and Koch MP5 sf.

The only T7 I could research was the MAG 60 which is 7.62mm NATO.

He said the weapon was much better than the Austyer. Without other information but his name, can anyone varify, put into context or compare to the Austyer any of the following;

1. The Model description
  2. Calibre
  3. Accuracy
  4. Range of the weapon
  5. Rate of fire
  6. Stopping power
  7. Other features

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Uhm what? Also WTH is a T7?

The "Austyer" is a badly misspelled designation for the Australian license production of the Steyr (note the CORRECT placement of the 'y' and 'e') AUG. The Australian version with the official designation F88 is commonly known as Austeyr (once again note the CORRECT placement of the 'y' and 'e'). Armed with this knowledge you should be able google/wiki/[insert preferred information gathering platform] whatever information you need.

BTW: why is it so hard to pronounce "Steyr" correctly?