The Ultimate UT Collection Package

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Where's Jailbreak? one of the most polished gametypes out there, even if i am a little biased :p

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Pardon my frustration before the edit. :( It is immature, and I apologize, but having to reupload big files like this is not that easy for me, escpecially since a 60GB cap limit is coming to my ISP next month, which sucks. :(

In this case...I'll make a Part 1B, and this will icnlude anything that people want.

Just shout exactly what you need in part 1B...and I'll see if I can download it.

So far I have the following:

- Advanced Model SDK
- Jailbreak for UT
- U4E
- ChaosUT
- RocketArena

Anything else, please let me know.

Edit1: I'm giving you guys 6 things to decide on what would be best for Part 1B. :) I've filled up 94 thigns on the list, I think the last 6 items would be for you guys. ;)

Edit2:

It just dawned on me that Jailbreak wasn't included in this. I was going to say make sure you grab the JB map packs, but that would be pointless since Jailbreak isn't included in the first pack.

Where's Jailbreak? one of the most polished gametypes out there, even if i am a little biased :p

Ah yes, Jailbreak is now going to be included in Part 1B (thanks to you guys), but the mappack will be in Part 2. Part 1 focuses on the mods, and maps if I really have to add them. Part 2 will have the biggest loads of maps available. Reason for this: Part 1 series is a really big series (so far, part 1B is almost 1 GB in useful addons and what not, seriously :( ) and because of filefront's limitations, I'll defnatly leave the rest of the maps, and other mappacks into Part 2 (which I had palnend before, but now due to extreme file sizes, I have no choice XD).

The zip file will be leff than 1 GB for sure (compressed)...but uncompressed should be approx. 1.2-1.4 gb... ;)

Now you know why. :)

And if you're asking why the size icnreased form 500 BM to 1 GB...is because of the big addons I downloaded that are extremely massive, such as the UT3 Music for UT (BETA) I made, which brings almost perfect quality UT3 songs into UT, hence the extremely big file size XD (uncompressed umod installer is 320 MB, fully compressed rar is approx 260 MB). Another reason is Tactical Ops (installer with patch in one zip file fully compressed is approx 280 MB). There are other reasons too.

Also, as a secret goodie (well, not secret anymore once I compile the zip file :D) is DM-BuFPeak. I figured you guys would need a reminder of PuF/BuF's past :lol:. I played it, and I litrerally ROFLMFAOed for about a good hour or so. XD

Also, another interesting goodie I found (and I never knew myself until 2 hours ago) was the BuF Bonus Pack 1. That's defantly coming into this compilation as well. :D

Other than that, I have written all 94 stuff (out of 100) that I plan on adding. Infact, like I said in an earlier edit, the last 6 things (maps don't count!! they are for Part 2 XD) will be totalyl on you BuFers. I should've done this with the original Part 1...but since this will be the absolute (and I mean absolute that if you don't like it, sorry about your luck :biggrin2:) last Part 1 series to this compilation pack. A reason I already mentioned, is the ISP 60GB cap limit next month. :( I'd have to pay $10 (i think) for every 1 GB exceeded from that 60Gb download limit. And iyw (if you're wonderng), my ISP is Rogers Communications, Inc. It sucks, but in the future, i'll switch to another ISP (if I can :p)

Anyway, enough fo me talking...I need to finsih off the Bonus Pack...download the remaining parts, and wait for the last 6 items to be called so I can add them.

And speaking of adding the items...if the item cannot be found anywhere, pelase PM me the link to a download site, or email them to me at my gmail account (which I shall discole from public for safety reasons) :) To get my gmail account info, please PM me your request, and I'll tell you my gmail account, and you can upload the file to www.yousendit.com or if you have gmail, use it's sending system. ;)

Other than that, take care, my fellow BuFers! :D

Many thanks,
«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
How about FragBall? This was the precursor to UT2003/4's Bombing Run.

Nope. Bombing Run was based on a concept found in many other agmes, even tfc had one map about ball, combined with daikatana's deathtag concept (not that surprising as some people like Chris Perna worked on that game), although that was dropped in the end. At ut2003 beta the ball was more of a bomb than now. Actually there was even bomb ticking sound.

In daikatana you actually carry a backpack of bomb which will explode unless you secure it, each base has a bomb and you need to get ino the enemy's base, hack a terminal to open a door in your base which will lead to a bomb, so another player must grab it and then head into a special zone for securing bonmb for each team, if he manages to do it, the team scores.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, I found a couple of extra small mods/mutators that I found really interesting, and they will be added into the compilation:

- Assault Rifle (an ehnanced Sniper Rifle mod)
- Bot32 (allows you to play with 32 bots instead of the default 16)

Also, I am switching the Color v1.11 mod that is designed for the UT Demo for the ColorMatch 1.9, which adds support for teh pulse gun, is designed for the full ut only, and includes everythign from the color v1.11 mod and more (the coloured pulse gun "cutting torch" as a new feature). :)

However, I am still thinking of adding 2 more major mods. I was lookign for them two days ago, and I completely forgot what they were called. :( I used to play them all the time, and I knew they would've been defantly accepted into this compilation pack. :(

Hopefully I'll figure out what theose mods were before tuesday, cuz that's when I really want to release this mod compilation sometime on monday. :) If not, I can postpone it until I find them. :(

Other than that, not much to say now, but keep on searching for more mods. I have 4 vacant spots left, and I want them to be used wisely. :)

Thanks BuF for your kind help and support! :D

Many thanks,

RoninMastaFX

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Nope. Bombing Run was based on a concept found in many other agmes, even tfc had one map about ball, combined with daikatana's deathtag concept (not that surprising as some people like Chris Perna worked on that game), although that was dropped in the end. At ut2003 beta the ball was more of a bomb than now. Actually there was even bomb ticking sound.

In daikatana you actually carry a backpack of bomb which will explode unless you secure it, each base has a bomb and you need to get ino the enemy's base, hack a terminal to open a door in your base which will lead to a bomb, so another player must grab it and then head into a special zone for securing bonmb for each team, if he manages to do it, the team scores.
I did not say it was the developer's precursor.

Or it might even be simply based on CTF with basketball aspects. Just that there's one ball and you don't have a weapon... But this is off-topic. Basically I'd suggest looking at Wormbo's mods (http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download.html). He has some nice ones.
I have the distinct impression that neither of you have played FragBall.

Alright, I found a couple of extra small mods/mutators...
You aren't going to put FragBall in that list? IIRC, it was way more popular than a lot of the stuff in your current lineup. But, oh well, it is your list.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I played it actually I think. But I am not that sure about it was same mod, but I played a bombing run style mod for normal UT at one server.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
You aren't going to put FragBall in that list? IIRC, it was way more popular than a lot of the stuff in your current lineup. But, oh well, it is your list.

I've been thinking of adding it, and so far, the chances of very high. If my final thoughts are "this mod is a go", then it'll be in. I've never played it myself, but if you really want a 100% guarantee that the mod will go in, tell me a little about it. :) Not trying to sound snoobish or snappy (which I am hopefully not :( ) but I myself, love a little decription of the mod, and how it plays out. All I know it's similar to Bombing Run, which I didn't like, but who knows..maybe I'll give it a go and add it. :D

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I provided a link to the PlanetUnreal page that tells about it nd has downloads, etc. If more info is needed, let me know. I would post more, but I have a hectic schedule today.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, Fragball is in, as with as much maps as I can find, except GloryCup by FatCam, because the utx file has a MyLevel.utx name, and THAT can interfere with mapping with levels that have tectures in the myLevel texture bin embedded in the map. :( If what I said was entirely wrong, please correct me, as I am the kind of person that hates telling people stuff that isn't entirely true, intentially, or on purpose. :) That's just my "nature". XD

Anyway, other than that, I have slimmed down the unecessary stuff taken up on the list from CTFM and CTF (just only listen CTFM and CTF4 by themselves isntead of fayning CTF4 Maps, CTF4 mods, CTF4 textures, CTFM mod, CTFM maps, etc. It wasts space. :)

Anyway, I've finsihed the lit, adding a bunch of other goodies to the list. :) If you see something that you question, please let me know. :) Also, if you find some other goodies which could be replaceable, please let me know as well. :) I just want Part 1B to be the very last Part 1 series, and then I can finally go to Part 2 series, which deals with only maps. :D

Another good thign abou Part 2 is for the mods that incldue extra maps, that wasn't included in Part 1B (due to file size constraints). Also, There will be a helluve lot of mappacks, maps, and what not included in Part 2, that will complete the entire Start Pack series. :)

Other than that, tc BuF. :)

Many thanks,

RoninMastaFX

Last edited:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
I don't think Bot32 is needed actually. I think it fixed a bug in earlier UT builds. You should definitely but XBots in however.

Also, have a look at the 5 voicepacks I just added to the content releases forum.
:D

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Thanks dude! You are The Man for putting this together.

Thanks man! :) <off topic>And your Photoshop skillz are amazing...I'll never be that good, so consider that a fine skill to have, my friend. I am Ok a Photoshop, but not the best. I also am one fo the worst texture artistis on the planet, and the RoninMastaFinal for UT2003/UT2004 and RoninMastaFinalUT99 for UT and Unreal 1 will tell you that as well. There are some good texs, but most are crap. XD</off topic>

I don't think Bot32 is needed actually. I think it fixed a bug in earlier UT builds. You should definitely but XBots in however.

Also, have a look at the 5 voicepacks I just added to the content releases forum.
:D

right...I comepltely forgot abotu that for Bot32. I started playing Unreal series since May 22, 1998 (the day it came out, so I've been through alot fo these kinds of stuff, so it's not fully with me anymore XD).

Alright, I've added your 5 voicepacks and XBots, and removed Bot32. :)

@everyone

Is that everything? You have until 24 hours to amke your claim, and then I'm building it on Monday. want this is be finsihed on Victoria Day (Canadian/UK Holiday :D), which is this monday. XD

Other than that, hopefully this will please everyone. I added the things I wanted before, which was PlayThis! VPC and UT Character Builder. :D

This package would not have been possible without you BuFers and ut99.org, but even though it started life on ut99.org, you BuFers had the most interest otu fo it, other than ut99.org, oldunreal and UnrealPlayground combined. That is why the project's new home was here as of Part 2 of the former "Very Rare UT99 Files", which was merged into The Ultimate UT Starter Pack Part 1, and what not.

So yeah, there was Part 1, Part 1A, Part 1Av2...and now the final part fo the Part 1 series...Part 1B. After Part 1B, Part 2 will be worked on, and alot of the suggestions for maps will be coming from BuF itself. :) After all, BuF is a great community and is one of my favoruite forums that I've ever been on. :)

Take care, BuF. :)

Best Regards,

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, it seems that everyoen thinks the list is final. If that's the case, then I shall start bundling everythign together (and use heavy comrpession for less than 1 GB size for Filefront XD).

Once I upload the file to the first mirror (DSL/Bandwith), then anyone may upload the package to their website. However, I ask you guys and gals if one of you can make a 56k version of my compilation archive so that the modem users don't have to download 1 GB of these wonderful goodies. :) I shall upload the 56k version to my filefrotn account (if possible), and then the other one can be used by anyone who wants to host it, same goes with the DSL/Broadband version. ;) )

Other than that, if you're wondering what the list looks like, click the word "VIEW LIST" at the end of this post. :)

Take care everyone! :D

**VIEW LIST**

Many thanks,

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Hello everyone. :)

Sorry for being away and not uploading the files, but some stuff came up, and I'm back in motion now. :)

Anyway, full compression of the .rar file is 1.2 GB, thsi is an extremely big file, and something needs to be cut. The item I wish to cut is the UT3 Musc for TU.umod, because it's approx 360 MB. Now, people may want the UT3 Music for UT umod installed, but because of the file size limit, I'll have to upload it to filefront seperatly. Again, I apologize everyone, and I'll upload it within the next 4 fours maximum. :)

But also remember, this will be the DSL/Broadband version, not the 56k dialup version, due to extremely massive file size. However, like I said in previous posts above, anyone who wishes to create a 56k version of this package is more than welcome, and the one that I like best, shall be uploaded to my filefront account as one mirror, and another mirror for those who wants to host this package on their website. Only problem is, the official links for the 56k version and the DSL/Broadband version will be only on my Filefront account. All other ones...are unofficial. ;)

Anyway, if you wish to host The Ultimate UT Starter Pack: Part 1B on your website, you don't have to host both editions if you don't want, it's compeltely up to you. I don't mind at all which edition you host, as long as it's mostly reliable, I have no problems at all! :)

I shall make an update to this post once the file has been uploaded to Filefront. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.