DM-Madescent

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
What do y'all think of this map by L.J. Paranoid? I pretty much agree with the review, and there's a lot of good detail to go around. Reminds me a bit of 'Hyperboreal meets Nirvana'. With an urban feel. And yes, I refer to this online dictionary for some good map names for my maps nowadays, so I referred him there. Anyway, this map TELLS you that UT isn't done for yet. At least to me it did.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I'm gonna have to agree with shadowlurker. I didn't think the architecture was as good as it could be. It was kinda average looking, nothing amazing, and all the pillars were just cubes which made it look kinda plain in that respect.
The lighting was good, but the orange colour was waaay over saturated, and it all looked kinda repetative.
Overall, a decent map, above average in every respect but nothing new really. Just tried and tested stuff. I think it's worth a 6.5 overall.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Hmm, the architecture could possibly be better, but I don't think by much. Haven't seen anything besides cube pillars in a water treatment facility before.

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
there would be some parts with >500 polycount and no real amazing detail to see for it... could have been made better. i also really dont like those textures, but that's a personal thing i guess. there also could have been more reward for going to the lower level and giving your position away in the water.

paranoia

I think I'm paranoid
The only thing i thought was any good in this map was the lighting, but i agree with everyone in regards to the architecture. I wanted to do more with it( like the walls for instance. . .so damn plain), but the file size kept on traveling up and up and i didn't want it to run any slower than it already was. . .but at least it gave me some valuable lessons in what to do (and what not to do for my next map) which is good enough for me.

Anyhoo cya

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
my biggest complaint is the the map had no resemblance of what (or I think) a waterplant looks like
I was expecting a more modern look, the map looks way to futuristic with them textrures and the curved walls
you should of used maybe rust and brick textures like richrig and UT, put in a crap load of pipes, some drips, vegetation from all the water etc...
to shorten the file size you could always put the textures into the MyLevel package
IMO it's a solid, above average map which I'd have to rate a 6