DM-Deck16][ vs. CTF-Face

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which map is your fave?

• Deck 16.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Facing Worlds.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Can't decide.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Deck is a fun spammy ffa map, terrible for TDM of any kind with horrid and easily predicted spawn points for 1v1.

Face is just bleh for CTF with all the fail-snipers that stand in corners shooting at you.

My vote goes to FK-Bedlam.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Deck16 has always looked like shit (the UT version looked slightly better) and I never really got into its eh gameplay, and face well...I used to kinda enjoy playing it.. long time ago but eventually...stale map. Cool music though.

Good thing there were so many custom maps. Something very rare in today's shooters...

My fav stock map has always been Dm-phobos.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
^ ^ It's predictable that DM wins for sure.

On topic: Both are overrated maps. They're good, but IMO not enough good to hold the status both have on the UT comunnity (rant: If there's still one)

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
I would have to go with Facing Worlds as I love scoring endless headshots/monster kills.

Yeah the translocator is a bit too overpowered, I can see why they chose to limit it from UT2003 onwards.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
why is this a thing?

anyway, I'd much rather play DM on any version of Deck than CTF on any version of Face, or CTF at all for that matter.
The thingamajig (it's been so long I don't know what it's called anymore) ruins the game, and Face has too many snipers and hiding scaredy cat fags.

It's not even CTF on Face, it's something else.

yeah, I know, that's how it works on Face, that's why I would never play another game there, unless people played by certain rules.

Last edited:

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Personally I much prefer DM to CTF (I very rarely play the latter) so my vote for Deck16][ would be an easy choice even if I didn't think Deck16][ is a great map (which I do, it's one of my favourites).

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
oh I missed this thread.

this would have been the ultimate poll back in the day.
sort of like asking people to choose between Loque or Malcolm :lol:

I have to vote for CTF-Face.
it's one of those maps that really captured my imagination when I was young and turned me into a UT fan for life. I cannot count the number of hours I've spent in CTF-Face versus bots and online; on Face-only servers.