UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I noticed that, but then realized it was only beta 1.
Judging from betas of old, not all features are fully implemented in the first go.

That said, though, the layout and flow of the menu is still exactly the same. It just looks better.

'Course, I've got MM dropped in on top of it, so I rarely use the default UI anyway.
It's not exactly the same. They removed a few pages entirely (like the Press Any Key screen).

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Yeah, the color is a lot better. The texture itself is kinda boring though, kinda looks like a glitched shader.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
If the functionality/navigation is improved with a boat load more options then all is good I guess.
Colour schemes and graphical looks are subjective but for the record I think it looks badass myself.

Lruce

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
OMG how could I forget this one... please please please fix the trigger system so that mod makers can start adding doors and other pawn triggerd things into there levels... I Know epic know about it.. thats why checker said the doors were taken out of coret so please fix with a patch.

+1

It would be great if these trigger issues could be resolved.

I really like adding doors and other things because they can really add an extra dynamic to gameplay, and I like to try unique things. (and who doesn't like secret doors?)

There's other issues with bots, physics volumes, etc.. but I won't go there..
:404:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I like the fact they used a carbon filter to style up the menus and the editor loading BMP. But it looks a bit 8-bit like and huge. I suppose it's a matter of preferences?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Have to say that I really like the colours of the new menu. From here it looks much more clean.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I know you can change (or remove, at least) the background level, but is it possible to get rid of reaper in the background there?

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Have to say that I really like the colours of the new menu. From here it looks much more clean.

Its is, trust me, ive been testing since this one appears in the scene for more than a week tho, and so far i saw mayor improvements not only in the menu and options, more easy to get what you want and do in the game.

For an example, the weapon damage has increased in the enforcers, the beam of the link gun (in the past toke me forever to kill someone with the beam of this weapon, i was considering the ammo was very weak because of that, but, with the patch LOOK OUT is extremely dangerous with the 2 buttons pushed on the mouse to increase the fire rate damage!!!) , the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, close shots are a huge wave of blood in your screen, the shock rifle secondary shot (the energy sphere) is a bit quicker than before, and so on.

I m really happy that the huge pack is coming ! see u online!;)

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Are we seriously still talking about the artistic value of the menu?

Of course we are.
Did anyone expect anything else ?

One does have to wonder why no one chose to equate the new 'black' menu with the (supposed) death of the UT-series ;)

// ---

Has Epic explained what all the 'new' graphics-options are supposed to do?
And is there a live-preview or are we supposed to guess ?

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
That's it ? No live preview ? No feedback ? Just tweaking a magic number and praying to a machinegod that it actually does anything ?
As opposed to just about any other Unreal game that - wait for it - DID EXACTLY THE SAME?

np: The Qemists - Swag (Join The Q)