UT2007 Demo Footage at IGN/Gamespy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vault

May 29, 2005
i have a question..... why is it that several characters in the game seemed to be glowing red?

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Sir_Brizz said:
I don't understand why people are complaining about game features already. They have OVER A YEAR still to work on the game. Do you think that they are not going to change anything over that course?
FYI All these are suggestions on how to improve it...not complaints.

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Vedanth Salian said:
c) Make the scorpions height equal to the players height (The Scorpion just looks like a small buggy that is half the height of the players height. From the early screenshots I thought it would be equal to height of the player.When its big it really feels like driving a real car. for example look at Half Life 2 hollow jeep or Halo 2 warthog. When you get into it, it really feels like your entering a car).

Uh... I dunno 'bout you, but I've been taller than all of my cars. Hell, I'm even taller than my truck. And I'm not exactly NBA material...

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
The scorpion in the 1up preview with the red guy standing beside looks HUGGGGE.(not saying its good or bad)

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Sir_Brizz said:
I don't understand why people are complaining about game features already. They have OVER A YEAR still to work on the game. Do you think that they are not going to change anything over that course?
Of course they're gonna change stuff. We're just suggesting that when they change it they change it our way. :D
Vault said:
i have a question..... why is it that several characters in the game seemed to be glowing red?
Thats an old feature, it's in ut2004 too I think... baisically your glow your team's color.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Steyr said:
Thats an old feature, it's in ut2004 too I think... baisically your glow your team's color.
Yea, so we dont have to make brightskin mutators that make us "look like teletubbies on crack".:D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Vault said:
because the game is still in development and has the occasional pretty damned obvious bugs. I sure as hell hope that's not a feature, because I don't want to shoot at those glowing teletubbies when the engine is capable of displaying millions of colours at near photorealistic quality.

Didn't they say in an interview that only 10-15% had been done and they'd barely ported the basic framework ....

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
This looks like a very early preview o me. I say that mostly because
1. ALL of the sounds are taken from UT2004. No new sounds at all yet.

2. The weapon models are UC2.

3. I think that this is just a demo map, since it looks like an AS map, but AS will _not_ be in UT2007.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
All true points, except they probably will use those weapon models, which are not UC2 but very hires models based on the UC2 ones.

At this stage of the project all they have seem to have done is port UT2k4 onto Unreal engine 3.0, with new graphics, everything else is mostly the same, bar a few tweaked movements/scales! Its early days yet though!

Vedanth Salian

Apr 4, 2005
Vault said:
i think the height of the scorpian is fine..... after all it IS a buggy, Epic said so. Besides, i hate the hollow jeep, and the Warthog. And really, who here has a car that is their height? i dont (trucks, vans, and such dont count)

Actually you need to see the video again. The height is exactly half the players height while in the released screenshots it has the height of Halo 2 warthog. At the present state it just looks like a kart car. If you didnt play Halo 2 you wont know how the warthog actually feels. If you dont have a Xbox play the Halo for PC. there you can see how natural it feels when the buggy is equal to the player height.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
gregori said:
All true points, except they probably will use those weapon models, which are not UC2 but very hires models based on the UC2 ones.

At this stage of the project all they have seem to have done is port UT2k4 onto Unreal engine 3.0, with new graphics, everything else is mostly the same, bar a few tweaked movements/scales! Its early days yet though!
Actually, they are not. Those are identical to the UC2 models except that they aren't TV resolution. They have the original assets, they can make them look as good as they want with minimal tweaking. The models haven't been modified at all (except for maybe the flak).

Vault

May 29, 2005
Vedanth Salian said:
Actually you need to see the video again. The height is exactly half the players height while in the released screenshots it has the height of Halo 2 warthog. At the present state it just looks like a kart car. If you didnt play Halo 2 you wont know how the warthog actually feels. If you dont have a Xbox play the Halo for PC. there you can see how natural it feels when the buggy is equal to the player height.

i did play Halo for PC, and i still think that the Warthog is one of the crappiest vehicles ever created. And who really cares if the scorpian is 9 feet high or 2 feet tall.... i dont. Btw, the scorpian (current and future) owns a fully loaded Warthog, big time

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
From what I can figure about what people are saying about the height of the Scorp, it sounds to be as tall as my Fiero. Personally the height is fine I think, its a futuristic buggy.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Checked out the videos, the explosions do seem a bit off, but that might be from the way it was captured. The game does look great visually though, so I am a bit excited for its release.

SealClubber

Not biased
Oct 30, 2002
Planet Earth
RaptoR said:
Conquest is described as scalable,

Ya know, once I read this, I wondered...

Anyones else here seeing a pattern at how the UT2004/2007 franchise is following the Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 2 recipe...

:con: