And one apple to rule them all...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>I've been making a map for the past month doing it in what ever time I have. I finally think it's time for a beta test with my friend so I put in some path nodes so he'd have bots to play against. When I started a UT practice game to check out the bots for myself the map wouldn't load, it said "connection failed". I removed all the pathnodes and it worked fine with and without bots(besides the fact that they didn't go anywhere in the map). Then I added 1 path node and I had the same "connection failed problem". Can someone pelease help me with this?

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Defeat said:
>I've been making a map for the past month doing it in what ever time I have. I finally think it's time for a beta test with my friend so I put in some path nodes so he'd have bots to play against. When I started a UT practice game to check out the bots for myself the map wouldn't load, it said "connection failed". I removed all the pathnodes and it worked fine with and without bots(besides the fact that they didn't go anywhere in the map). Then I added 1 path node and I had the same "connection failed problem". Can someone pelease help me with this?

rebuild paths?

player starts?

view paths in the perspective window?

is this UT or UT2004?

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>Iv'e rebiult the paths, havn't reput the player starts because it worked when the were in, iv'e looked at the paths in the perspective window but what should i look for, and it's origonal UT.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Honestly, I've never mapped for UT99. But based on your description and the other info you posted, it sounds like connection failed means that there's a portion of the pathing that's broken.

As for player starts, my understanding is that you have to have 1 at the very least.

Perhaps try 1 player start, one path node, rebuild paths, then view paths and see if they connect properly - ie. in UT2004 they'd each have an arrow going to another.

If that works, then try to build off of that. If it doesn't work then you need someone with pathing experience in UT99.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>Yeah, I got it working!! I had saved the map before I put any actors (player starts, pathnodes, ect.) in it and I kept trying different things. I had to put in all the pathnodes before anything else, then add the rest of the actors. I don't know why this is but it works. If this problem doesn't kill me while i'm beta testing and tweaking the map it should be out next week on nalicity and a few other sites. Thanks for the help! :)