How to play INF offline?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
I know that INF should be played online but since I'm a bit too late for this and secondly I'm new to this kind of gameplay) I would like to ask you for some hints and tips how to play it offline? What are your favorite types of missions and maps?

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
Hello vitamin,

What version of Infiltration do you have installed?
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

By the way there are 3 active Infiltration multiplayer servers (2013-07-12):
Infiltration CE is needed to join this one:

• Inf 2.9 CE server: (there are bots on the server)
    75.178.9.14:7777

Infiltration CE 2011 is needed to join these:

• XploD2 Co-Op (you also must have Unreal singleplayer maps installed)
    81.169.152.68:8888
  • XploD TDM (there are no bots on the server)
    81.169.152.68:7777

Last edited:

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks for the info about servers but as I said I'm new to this game and would like to learn it offline first.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
My server (the first mentioned) has bots on it. You can practice there if you want to. If not, you have to start an offline game on your own system after selecting your options. I would recommend reading the field manual (Inf Game Manual) in the Help folder to get started. Also, I generally play with other humans so if you drop by and I am around I will probably pop in and help you as well as answer any questions you may have.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
OK, I have a bit more specific question. When trying to play some of EAS missions I cannot even figure out where to go and after 2 minutes or so the mission ends. Why is that?

EDIT:
Two more questions. First, could you tell me please if I need some other mutators apart form those listed below?
t0kpk6.png

Second, how can I change the number of team members in both teams?

Last edited:

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
@vitamin

EAS stands for Enhanced Assault. There are two teams: one attacking and one defending.

The main objective of attacking team is to retrieve a CD from a location that a defending team has to defend. This location is different on various maps.

By the way, Mission time limit is set by you in the mission set up section.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
If you have the 2.9 CE, you already have those mutators. And the mission ends because one team or the other won. Finding the objective locations can be annoying at first. Look at your compass. There should be a green or brown "tick" on it that will lead you in the direction of the objectives.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks Sephiroth for the tip about compass - I'll pay more attention to it from now on.

As for mutators, I wanted to know if I should have some more maybe?

Today two more issues:

AI settings - are these OK?
30s8xvn.png

And second problem - I made a new team and put only my player in there. But as mission starts, there are two players in my team - the second one has name as my player but with [1] added. Can someone tell me why game makes this copy? And is it even possible to play it solo?

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013

And second problem - I made a new team and put only my player in there. But as mission starts, there are two players in my team - the second one has name as my player but with [1] added. Can someone tell me why game makes this copy? And is it even possible to play it solo?

If by playing solo you mean playing alone against bots, there is a mutator called "Humans(red) vs bots(blue)" or "Humans(blue) vs bots(red)".
Just put it in active mutators list and you should have desired effect. :)

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
You are on the same team as the bot you created with your name. As for mutators, just run the ones you like. Mutators change the gameplay in some way or another. A primitive example would be making the M4 fire rockets instead of bullets. Others add extra voices. Some add more weapons. Select the ones that make the game fun for you.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks guys for your replies. I figured it out already. I created a new team and added only one member in there - but not my player. And now I have one team mate and no copies of myself. It's much better now.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
I've been playing some DM and LMS and would like to ask about two things - first, can I change number of players? It seems to me that no matter what map I use, there are only 4 players. On some bigger maps would be nice to have 8 bots. And second thing, can I do something about instant deaths when playing those missions? I mean, it happens very often that as soon as I get into game, I got shot because some other player was standing next to mine.

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
I ... would like to ask about two things - first, can I change number of players? It seems to me that no matter what map I use, there are only 4 players. On some bigger maps would be nice to have 8 bots.

Short answer - yes.
Long answer - you can only choose what teams are playing in each mission. You can not change the number of players in mission, you can change the number of players in teams.
  • To edit size and structure of each team go to "Character/team". There on the lower right corner is the area named "Team" to edit teams.
  • To choose a team for your mission go to "Mission", then on the right bottom corner press on button "Reinforce". There you will be able to set what team is used for your mission.
... And second thing, can I do something about instant deaths when playing those missions? I mean, it happens very often that as soon as I get into game, I got shot because some other player was standing next to mine.

Sorry I think this problem could only be solved by editing the map itself. I know nothing about that.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
So do you have the same problem with instant deaths on your system? And as for number of bots, it seems that it works only in EAS missions. When playing DM or LMS it's always 4 bots (including me). And those bots seem to be random picks - not from my team. I have no idea how it works actually:/

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
@vitamin

Yes I do. It seems that all players are being spawned at the location of one team, causing instant spawn kills to happen.
By the way the number of players in DM and LMS type of missions should be the sum of two teams.

Last edited:

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
By the way the number of players in DM and LMS type of missions should be the sun of two teams.
No, it's not (at least not in my case). It's always 4 - 3 random bots and my player. Also I noticed that when playing DM or LMS camos are not working the way they work in EAS missions. But that's how UT handles things I guess.

EDIT:
I found how to change number of bots in DM and LMS. You need to edit your Infiltration.ini file. Just search for [Botpack.DeathMatchPlus] and change line saying: InitialBots=3

Last edited: