I don't want no girls in Heaven, just give me a -47!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Keiichi said:
How exactly does one "spray and pray" when their rifle has no automatic firing mode? The characteristics of the M16 pretty much force accurate firing.

-Keiichi

One can spray and pray without a machinegun. The expression describes firing quickly without bothering to aim and does not necessarily imply use of a fully automatic weapon. Aside from laying down suppressive fire, this is not particularly effective. Col. Jeff Cooper (USMC, Ret) frequently criticizes police armed with semiautomatic pistols who "spray and pray" rather than employing proper marksmanship.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
How exactly does one "spray and pray" when their rifle has no automatic firing mode? The characteristics of the M16 pretty much force accurate firing.

-Keiichi

One can spray and pray without a machinegun. The expression describes firing quickly without bothering to aim and does not necessarily imply use of a fully automatic weapon. Aside from laying down suppressive fire, this is not particularly effective. Col. Jeff Cooper (USMC, Ret) frequently criticizes police armed with semiautomatic pistols who "spray and pray" rather than employing proper marksmanship
Yea for example the one story I've heard not sure if it's true is that on a training exercise the british troops realised that the US troops were for the most part firing blindly over there bunkers so they flanked them and massacred them. It's not all negative from what I've heard the main reason for it is to get the guys that freeze into action again, and then I assume the people whos nerves are ok can pick off the targets.
-How.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Crazy_Ivan said:
They need to adapt the M-16 to accept AK-47 magazines and ammo. you almost never get in a no-ammo situation in africa or the middle east if they do that

That's exactly what the Stoner SR-47 is -- an M4 carbine rechambered for 7.62x39mm rounds in AK mags.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
120/2 = 60

That's 60 men you can kill if you double tap them all, and don't miss once. Not exactly a small number. That is, until you take into account that your average grunt probably puts about 8 rounds into anything that either looks like a target, or his mates decide to shoot at.

If it were up to me, it'd be 300 rounds. And if you're too piss weak to carry 10 mags, then go away.