Giant Bomb's GOTY Awards

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Everyone does them, but Giant Bomb has more fun with them than most, offering up its quirky list of the best in games of 2009. Here are the Unreal Engine highlights:

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
check Gamtrailers.com

They voted MW2 game of the year for PC, XBOX360, PS3 and overall game ot the year

I wonder if Infinty Ward or Activision runs that site??

I was glad to see Batman do so well

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Batman and Uncharted 2 (and probably more other titles too) deserved more the GOTY title than MW2 ever did.
gg @ Shadow Complex as well, game's amazing.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
I'm truly flattered. Finally! It's good to read something that involves neither Modern Warfare 2 nor Dragon Age Origins :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It may be **** but I still want to play it 2 months and over after it's release.
Wanting to grief people isn't really the same thing. Some people play lots of games not because they enjoy the game, but because they enjoy pissing people off in said games.

MW2 is fun and I play it but it's not anywhere close to game of the year. Anyone who places it so is pandering to its popularity and not its overall relative quality.

Side note: CoD1 was awesome.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Wanting to grief people isn't really the same thing. Some people play lots of games not because they enjoy the game, but because they enjoy pissing people off in said games.

I like both. I don't just play to piss some teenagers off, I can also play normaly and enjoy the game. You know when you look back at your gamelist and you feel like playing a game again? Well, that's it.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
[NBK]Rattman;2402391 said:
check Gamtrailers.com

They voted MW2 game of the year for PC, XBOX360, PS3 and overall game ot the year

I wonder if Infinty Ward or Activision runs that site??

I was glad to see Batman do so well

Was catching up on some missed Zero Punctuations and Yahtzee also gave Batman: Arkham Asylum, game of the year. Not MW2. And I really think Batman deserves it, being a fresh take on ****ty Batman games of the past. MW 2 was more of the same with added Micheal Bay mode on during single player.