FS9 anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Jay: You can get a decent joystick for cheap, or a ****ty joystick for REAL cheap. Head to the local Circuit City or such store, there are some ok and some semi decent ones there for 20 dollars or less, but if you feel like blowing a bunch, get a nice x45. If not, there are a choice selection of Microsoft and Saitek sticks that are decent, last I checked.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
I got a MS FF 2 joystick and recently plugged in the pedals from my MM FF Wheel. Works like a charm. Only problem is that I'm not used to the pedals and tend to break and give throttle from them resulting in funny situations.. but I'm getting there.

Had my first online experience with FS9 yesterday, pretty nice. FSHost (a free server type of software) enables fs2k2 and fs9 users to coexist in same virtual airspace. There are some graphical issues etc but those are minor.

So, if anyone want to join me in the bush, check out if I'm on bushnet2 server.

More info:
bushnet2 forum at http://www.avsim.com

//Kee

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I've got a MS FF 1 as well. The effects are nice.

Until I can land & fly without problems (as in not crashing ... ) I'll wait with the 'on-line' part.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
I was hesitant to go online myself but knowing the guys I knew they wouldn't mind a newbie like me.
(well, got some 150hrs worth of fs2k2 and fs9 behind me so far)

Joined couple of lads on a flight somewhere in B.C Alaska. Weather was _terrible_. The airport was completely fogged in but managed to land safely after one circle around the strip. Completely different experience when you know someone is watching than if you fly around off line..

Anyway, there is this fshost spy proggy about, if you see me online check it out in observer mode for instance :)

//Kee

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
but my in-game 'flighttime' is close to 150 minutes ...
I guess one of the reasons I like those 'old' planes is that you can't hit the 'wrong' button ;)

Crazy_Ivan

KAR whore
Jan 30, 2003
1,5meters below sea level
Visit site
A_Rimmerlister said:
Which ones would be the single engine 'old' planes ?

I don't like those big fat cargo/passenger jets (feels too much like operating a computer instead of flying).
The Piper Cub is more my kind of plane, so any links/names for similar stuff would be appreciated :)

// -- edit --
*phew* I finally found how that avsim-site works ...

http://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=fs2004ac&Sort=Name

There's a classic 'Tiger Moth' & 'Classic Piper Cub' :)
The latter also includes a sailboat that can be used ...

CFS 2 section is a nice treasure cave if you can sort out which ones are made with GMAX / FSDS2
Antonov An-2 (big biplane) and An-24/26 (get a russian dictionary for the panel)