UT or UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Just call it Unreal Tournament and that is. Or when questioned, say the original one, or first one. :eek:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Bummer!

I was going to go with the "OUTGWRI99OKAUT1AIWTFS99" at first but then realized it was missing a "W" and got all confused! LOL.

This is a good discussion folks. I used to stick with UT only but have since started adding the 99 at the end making it UT99 because like me it is simple. If UT99 confuses people about which version of the game you're talking about well....that's just sad. Maybe several of you think it is sad to have to add 99 at the end to clarify you are talking about UT. I just like that adding 99 at the end of UT removes all doubt about which version you're talking about.

It was Unreal Tournament or UT when I bought it. I never referred to it the other way but I don't think it really matters. It's like, when you hear someone say "UT99," it's as if they started the series during the 2003/2004 era and that's all it is. I also don't refer to first movies in movie series as 1, like Alien 1 or Diehard 1 or that kinda crap. I dunno :) I guess saying UT99 just makes you sound less intelligent somehow.

randomreduction

Oct 25, 2008
I see, so you're out of arguments already? UT3 was initially code-named "Envy" and the "UT2007" production name was heavily criticized by the community. "UT3" is the third part of the UT series. (UT2004 is the upgraded second part)

The change from UT2007 to UT3 was an strange thing. A lot of people liked the name UT3, but still alot of people criticized Epic for making UT3 too different from UT2004.

That's how it was on the UT-related forums & sites I was visiting back then.