3d modeling help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Strider_Izzy

May 24, 2005
Im gonna start making my own 3d models for UT. i always see these amazing characters for the new ut and when i look at stuff made today by modelers its not nearly as good. is it because of the new engine or is it skill?
also (this is kinda off the topic) i saw the final fantasy 12 clips and pics and saw the amazing detail and wondered if that could be made in maya or 3d studio max?if so can it be put into the unreal engine?
is there a difference between CG and 3d models?

sorry if this a stupid question.

Strider_Izzy

May 24, 2005
doh! thnx for making me feel like a moron. :lol: btw i kinda meant to ask if anyone knows how to make super realistic models for ut2k7 or if its possible thanks to the engine?

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Its possible, depend on what software you have though, probably need 3ds max or maya, and probably some future version of Epics plugin ActorX.

You also would need to know how to create the high polygon model mesh, the low polygon model mesh, and finally how to process the high poly mesh into a vitual displacement map texture. Apart from that these super detailed models only work for UT2007.

A good modeler will be able to create excellent charasters out low detailed models after some practice!

Strider_Izzy

May 24, 2005
wow! thnx dude that helped. so all i need to do is a get an insane amount of skill and then build 2 of the same mesh. uhhhhh..... does anyone have any links where i can find tutorials.. also ive looked at models made by ut players and they dont look as good as the default characters... do u think that the new engine will have easier rendering and shader tools?