Compatability between UT2k3 and 2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
The standard maps will, but in single player only. All UT2003 maps will need compiling in UT2004's ed before it has netcode compatibility for online play. So id wait for map authors to release their own updated maps rather than compiling them yourself as most authors seem to be changing & tweaking their old 2k3 maps for 2k4.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Skyboxes.....

Fordy said:
The standard maps will, but in single player only. All UT2003 maps will need compiling in UT2004's ed before it has netcode compatibility for online play. So id wait for map authors to release their own updated maps rather than compiling them yourself as most authors seem to be changing & tweaking their old 2k3 maps for 2k4.

O.k. I'm not a mapper so I don't know !?@#.

When I convert a map from 2k3 to 2k4 by grinding it through Ued(2K4) the skyboxes get trashed. They appear as boxes and/or with wrong scaling or something which stretches the image and warps it in other ways.

Other than that the map works fine despite the editor returning errors like "floating weapons base" and the like when you rebuild.

What is it with that? I really need the ultimate Ued guide to dispelling ignorance or something as I have plenty of it (ignorance, that is).

Last edited: