Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Does anyone else have problems logging in to upgrade? I at first thought it's due to overloaded servers, as the main site couldn't be reached either, but that one is fine now (and I can login there), as well as it being morning in Europe (and thus deep night in America), but it's still not working. :/
Downloading the latest version from the official site fixed things for me.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I'm on a pretty awesome server with some friends. We've built a house and dug below it, apparently there's a MASSIVE ravine down there. Really awesome exploring material, we spent like an hour down ther and probably only scratched the surface.

Word of advice: play on the hardest difficulty. Otherwise there won't be a challenge, and it'll just be boring.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Does anyone else have problems logging in to upgrade? I at first thought it's due to overloaded servers, as the main site couldn't be reached either, but that one is fine now (and I can login there), as well as it being morning in Europe (and thus deep night in America), but it's still not working. :/
I found i could update to 1.8 but it ceased to function after that.

My problem was that i've been using the minecraft.exe I downloaded when I bought the game over a year ago but with the latest version there is a launcher that handles updates. I'd try redownloading the minecraft.exe off the website to sort your problem.
Because every game needs level and rank up like an RPG. Maybe we should call it terrariacraft.
Untill the "levels" actually have a function i don't see why folks think they're "like" anything else.
The fact you lose all experience death makes it interesting to me and at least gives a true penalty for dieing.
Not really a challenge on any difficulty tbh, needs a super hardcore mode.
I don't really see why.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The fact you lose all experience death makes it interesting to me and at least gives a true penalty for dieing.

The fact that I only ever die when I'm lost in a mine I've been exploring for 2 hours and am laden with gold, silver and sometimes diamond, makes death a significant experience for me. I have never been as scared in a game as when I hear a creeper behind me in such a scenario.

Anywho, I'm enjoying the latest update. The stacking of food+health regen make the game a lot easier than before, I would say, but everything else is pretty sweet.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
The fact that I only ever die when I'm lost in a mine I've been exploring for 2 hours and am laden with gold, silver and sometimes diamond, makes death a significant experience for me. I have never been as scared in a game as when I hear a creeper behind me in such a scenario.

Anywho, I'm enjoying the latest update. The stacking of food+health regen make the game a lot easier than before, I would say, but everything else is pretty sweet.

The thing is at any given time you can just dig a staircase straight up and surround yourself with dirt till day, or just run through the night. There's basically literally no challenge in the game even with monsters, which kind of gets boring after building a few massive projects. :hmm:

I would really love to start playing again, but I wish there was something I could actually DO with the stuff I build, like defend it against massive waves of zombies or something. :(

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
made a bridge woot

4NLTU.png

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The thing is at any given time you can just dig a staircase straight up and surround yourself with dirt till day, or just run through the night. There's basically literally no challenge in the game even with monsters, which kind of gets boring after building a few massive projects. :hmm:

I would really love to start playing again, but I wish there was something I could actually DO with the stuff I build, like defend it against massive waves of zombies or something. :(
Yeah; I feel a bit this way about it. I actually haven't played it for months so I haven't experienced all these new game elements.

I was considering starting at one end of the map and tunneling all the way to the other end for something to do..............

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
So I haven't kept up with Minecraft in months, but I've been stuck in a hotel with a shitty netbook for a while now so I thought I would check out what MC is up to. Lo and behold, they apparently just released the first official "complete" version of Minecraft, 1.0, a little while ago. I haven't finished reading the change log, but there is a ton of stuff in it that I've never heard about before.

Anyone been keeping up with MC that can tell me what's new and interesting without the simplified bullet points of the change log? Or just give general feedback on the state of MC now?

Here's the change log for anyone curious:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history
Code:
Fixes & Changes:

New achievements
    Amount of Experience Orbs dropped by a player on death now limited.
    The ability of Endermen to carry blocks reduced in some way.
    New Monster Spawner texture.
    Ghast fireballs have a different texture.
    On death, a proper score is given based on how many experience orbs the player has collected.
    When flowing lava hits a water source directly from above, it creates Stone where previously the lava would flow through the water.
    You can toggle between three states when pressing F5 (first person, third person back, third person front), having the addition of 3rd person view from the front.
    Ender Pearls have a unique ability. When thrown, the player will teleport to the Ender Pearl's impact location, but take 2 and 1/2 hearts of fall damage. They will not work in Creative.
    Golden Apples now glow purple in inventory.
    Fences no longer block you from moving onto their space. You can now stand next to them, like you can with glass panes and iron bars.
        They will also connect to solid blocks. 
    There is a slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button, so that the player no longer bounces between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces.
    Labels for items have a blue border.
    Random loot chests in Strongholds.
    Blocking now moves the player's arm, rather than the sword just floating right in front of the player.
    Weapon and tool damage has been nerfed to make space for the increased damage enchantments (Diamond swords do 3.5 hearts now instead of 5).
    Some mob health has been changed (Sheep, Spiders, Zombies)
    Many blocks mining speeds have been decreased. This is mostly blocks that used to take a long time to mine.
        Redstone Ore
        Iron Doors
        Stone Brick
        Iron Block [citation needed]
        Gold Block [citation needed]
        Diamond Block [citation needed]
        Furnace
        Dispenser [citation needed]
        Wood Door
        Obsidian (from about 15 seconds to about nine seconds) 

New Features:

In the Nether:
        Nether Bricks.
        Nether Fence.
        Nether Stairs.
        Nether Fortresses. 
    "The End" (unofficially called "The Ender", or "Enderlands"), which replaces the previously announced Sky Dimension.
        End Portals take the player from the Overworld to The End. To go back to the Overworld, one must defeat the Enderdragon and jump through the portal that appears.
            End Portal Frame (Name not confirmed)
            End Portal Block (Name not confirmed)
            Endgame/Credit screen (You can still play your world) 
        End Stone 
    New Items:
        Ghast Tear
        Blaze Rod
        Nether Wart
        Gold Nugget
        Glass Bottle
        Spider Eye
        Fermented Spider Eye
        Blaze Powder
        Magma Cream
        Glistering Melon
        Eye of Ender
            Activates Ender Portal Frame blocks. 
        9 new Music Discs. 
    Finished Biome code and new Biomes.
        Snowy Biomes.
        Swamp Biomes adjusted to appear "swampier."
            Darker Grass
            Darker Water
            Lily Pads 
        Mushroom Biomes.
            Naturally generated Huge Mushrooms.
            New Mushroom Cow, the Mooshroom.
            Mycelium blocks. 
    New sound effects,[citation needed] including:
        Minecart sounds.
        Shears sounds.
        Additional Bow sounds.
        Big Slime sounds.
        The true sounds of Endermen and Silverfish. 
    Changes in already existing sounds:[citation needed]
        A change in the sound of Rain.
        New sounds for Doors.
        New sounds for the Skeletons' walk to make them sound more skeleton-y. 
    Bow models now appear in third-person larger and in 3D.
    If water or lava is above a ceiling that is a single block thick, particles of water or lava will drip through, provided you are within 13 blocks of the ceiling.
    6 New Mobs:
        Enderdragon (Boss Mob)
            Enderdragon eggs 
        Mooshroom Cows.
        NPCs in Villages, as Villager Mobs.
        Snow Golem mob.
            Can be crafted.
            Melts in hot biomes.
            Spreads snow around when it walks.
            Passive, but throws snowballs at enemies. 
        At least two new aggressive mobs for the Nether.
            Magma Cube
            Blaze 
    Experience (skills) is now enchantments.
    Each Experience Orb is worth one Score Point.
    Animal Breeding.
        Wheat Bundles feed animals and make them come towards you.
        Feeding animals makes them enter "love mode".
        Hearts will come out of animals while in love mode.
        Breeding will produce Baby Animals. Smaller versions of the parents with large heads that have a faster animation and a higher pitched sound. 
    Unlimited Strongholds per map (changed from three).
    New/Improved Armor system.
        Increased armor durability. 
    Sun and moon changes:
        Moon phases.
        Sun and moon now rise in the east. 
    Game mechanics changes:
        Hardcore Mode - Locks the difficulty to Hard and forces you to delete your world if you die. The health bar changes appearance to indicate you are playing in Hardcore mode. 
    Item Repair
    Potions, Splash Potions, Potion effects, Brewing Stand, and Brewing.
    Enchantment Table, and Enchanting 

New Bugs

All water is turning into ice.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Yeah, it's finally out. There seems to be quite a few noticeable changes with the most prominent being new sounds for a lot things that happen in the game. There's also an Enchantment table and a Potion Brewing Stand, as well as tons of new items. But at the end of the day it's still Minecraft.

By the way, I updated SineCraft if anyone here uses it.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123103-16x16100-sinecraft-v13-11192011/

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Nice timing... I was just about to bump this thread! :)

I started up a minecraft server recently, it's whitelist only right now for testing but it will be made public in a couple of weeks. If anyone wants to play, let me know your minecraft name and I'll add you.

Last edited: