CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Level 44 with a 1.4 K : D ratio and climbing fast.:D too bad i can't play on PB servers where there are MUCH less cheaters.
Why can't you play on punkbuster servers? Have you been keeping your PB version up to date?

And as far as I'm concerned, I have about 30 days of playtime on my cod4 profile and I have yet to see more than one or two people actually cheating in PB servers. Those were blatant aimbots, and I have yet to find anybody who seems to be wall hacking. If there is people out there wall hacking, they must suck so bad you can't tell them apart from better players. The "better players" that seem to make the public community think there actually is cheating going on in punkbuster servers. Every time I've heard "NICE BOT", you have to wonder if these people have ever actually seen one. Go back to xbawks360ps3 kthx. It is pretty much impossible to kill people through walls these days without expecting to hear "OMFGWTFBBQ HAX" right after. Especially if they didn't give away their position with a shot or were sitting completely still. Those are my favorite kills.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I saw someone today that was suspicious. The problem with wallhax is you can never be completely sure unless they do something super obvious. This guy in particular never let himself be caught off-guard; he was prepared and aiming in exactly the right spot the moment anyone ever turned a corner. Maybe he was listening well, but even then you'd think he'd mess up once. The most annoying one was on Pipeline when I was in the little shed area by the trains and he seemed to strafe sideways and follow me exactly with his dot when visibility therein is rather low from afar. And he did this half a second after taking someone out by the trains. Shrug.

I did get a nice kill, though, in the midst of being semi-tracked through walls. I was outside building 1 by the steel beams and I let loose with the Deagle from the hip through the wall and into the building and took someone down after four shots. :p

I've been playing with an ACOG'd M21 lately. Many lulz have ensued since you end up spamming out at least a few shots as fast as you can for every kill. It does tend to get annoying when I miss out on a kill I would have gotten with a normal class, but otherwise it's pretty funny. D:

Mar 6, 2004
Why can't you play on punkbuster servers? Have you been keeping your PB version up to date?

And as far as I'm concerned, I have about 30 days of playtime on my cod4 profile and I have yet to see more than one or two people actually cheating in PB servers. Those were blatant aimbots, and I have yet to find anybody who seems to be wall hacking. If there is people out there wall hacking, they must suck so bad you can't tell them apart from better players. The "better players" that seem to make the public community think there actually is cheating going on in punkbuster servers. Every time I've heard "NICE BOT", you have to wonder if these people have ever actually seen one. Go back to xbawks360ps3 kthx. It is pretty much impossible to kill people through walls these days without expecting to hear "OMFGWTFBBQ HAX" right after. Especially if they didn't give away their position with a shot or were sitting completely still. Those are my favorite kills.

They always follow you through the wall, or no radar and they shoot before the wall. I make sure i know they are cheating before i accuse, ALOT of cheaters are seen on the non PB servers. I've run into 1 aimbot because the crosshairs went all wild, the rest follow you through wall, or shoot before you are seen with UAV jammer on and you did not fire a shot so you wont be on radar. -edit- Oh and i'm walking crouched most of the time, or prone...even kill cam you can't hear footprinc, i like to run going small so i get heard of less, especially around corners.

I can't play on PB servers because i lent the game out and the guy got banned for aimbotting, a global PB ban. I'm fine in the 1 server i play in, 1.5 K : D now woot. Atleast i think it's 1.5...i got 1933 deaths and 2467 kills. When i played PB servers i caught maybe 1 or 2, now i've caught lots. Guess they are PB banned aswell.

I just quit but there was this 1 guy named theking, everyone knew he was walling, and everytime he would kill me on the street map before i move into his view he holds his breath, every time...it's so obvious. But that's not what caught my view of this, his crosshairs follows u through the wall.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Ya, turn off depth of field in the graphical options. That's the only real thing you need to change since you can still see people fine with max graphics in this game.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
So, I started using the MP5 again (I'd used it quite a bit earlier in my "career") and I've been doing very well with it. It works very well with my play style -- basically the polar opposite of a camper.

The AK-47 is fairly slow and doesn't let me run and gun quite as much as I'd like, but the MP5 is great for it. It sights up really quickly too, so it lets me run around nonstop yet still sight up and take people out without a delay. Fun stuff.

Been using it without the red dot, but I don't actually know if it helps or not. The dot is certainly unnecessary for that gun, though, and it looks effing stupid on there anyway. I think my prior reasoning behind hating the MP5 was because I'd become so assault rifle dependent. "AK-47 in normal mode, M4 in hardcore" is pretty much how it always went. I think the few times I'd taken another look at the MP5 I did so in hardcore mode, and therein if you're shooting at someone, having the recoil make you miss means you're dead, so I decided the gun was bad. Silly me. :(

Here's a game I just played with it. No warmup at all. Hopped right in after having finished eating pizza and watching Arrested Development. Some guy was like, "Spam, do you have your tryhat on?" :lol:

Attachments

• shot0082.jpg
    shot0082.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 19

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Been using it without the red dot, but I don't actually know if it helps or not. The dot is certainly unnecessary for that gun, though, and it looks effing stupid on there anyway.

MP5 without red dot makes it easier to compensate for the recoil, at least from my experience, and I've been using that setup for months. :d

Mar 6, 2004
How do you lose the recoil? i've seen alot of videos, and a demo last night, no recoil....i shoot and it starts going up, so i call mp5 a crap gun.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
My ****ing Steam account got hijacked or something so I can't play CoD4. Their support blows.
To anyone else who didn't bought this game from Steam, I applaud you for correctness.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
How do you lose the recoil? i've seen alot of videos, and a demo last night, no recoil....i shoot and it starts going up, so i call mp5 a crap gun.
Might have been a mod if there was no recoil at all. I know that most (if not all) of the so-called "pro" or "competitive" mods change the game to make it easier (and more like CS).

But in general you get around the MP5's recoil by altering your play style to be an aggressive, fast-paced one that keeps you in close quarters with your enemies. Then the recoil isn't that big a deal and you can adjust for it. You can't play fast and aggressively as effectively in hardcore mode because any idiot can spray at a dude charging at them and randomly hit one bullet, so the gun doesn't quite work as well there. Hence my previous misunderstanding about it. Like five times now I've switched between long periods of hardcore and normal mode; I was previously in a hardcore spate and played nothing but that for quite some time. Now I'm back to normal again and having tons of fun playing super aggressively.

I'm think gonna try out the MP5 with Juggernaut and Extreme Conditioning next to make it easier to flank around people and annoy them by having to shoot me more. :p

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
But in general you get around the MP5's recoil by altering your play style to be an aggressive, fast-paced one that keeps you in close quarters with your enemies. Then the recoil isn't that big a deal and you can adjust for it.

Yeah, I do this too. Up close 2 bullets kill to a non jug person. Of course stopping power but who doesn't use stopping power in normal mode D:

What normal servers have you been playing on T2A, or have we been playing together and we just don't know it because we alias so much :}

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I've been dominating this server called WarTorn SoftCore (see the last screenshot I posted) for a few days now. It's got a somewhat low player limit (great for limiting pointless spam) and usually isn't full, so I hop right on. Been putting up good ratios nonstop, like the shot above where I went 7:1. Although, that's unusual; generally it's about 3 or 4:1.

Last night someone said I was name hacking because I put a bunch of spaces in it. :(

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
My ****ing Steam account got hijacked or something so I can't play CoD4. Their support blows.
To anyone else who didn't bought this game from Steam, I applaud you for correctness.

Mine musta have too a while back, it's been disabled for months and i have noway of getting it un disabled unless i have pictures of proof which i lost my hl2 cd key.

Mar 6, 2004
Might have been a mod if there was no recoil at all. I know that most (if not all) of the so-called "pro" or "competitive" mods change the game to make it easier (and more like CS).

But in general you get around the MP5's recoil by altering your play style to be an aggressive, fast-paced one that keeps you in close quarters with your enemies. Then the recoil isn't that big a deal and you can adjust for it. You can't play fast and aggressively as effectively in hardcore mode because any idiot can spray at a dude charging at them and randomly hit one bullet, so the gun doesn't quite work as well there. Hence my previous misunderstanding about it. Like five times now I've switched between long periods of hardcore and normal mode; I was previously in a hardcore spate and played nothing but that for quite some time. Now I'm back to normal again and having tons of fun playing super aggressively.

I'm think gonna try out the MP5 with Juggernaut and Extreme Conditioning next to make it easier to flank around people and annoy them by having to shoot me more. :p

Some pro's they are then, anyway i only play hardcore because the only non hardcore servers are either 40+ players, or i am banned from. I can do and pretty ok with G3, so i guess what i do with g3 i can do mp5, which is hit finger up and down as fast as possible, instead of keeping it down like i do the carbine. I can play cod5 on PB servers so i guess if i buy cod4 i can play on pb servers, i'm guessing it's only that cd key that is actually banned from pb servers.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I never notice any drama, I ignore all of it automatically. You need to learn to build up that auto ignore skill Kan't Ham. D:

T2A: That softcore server's pb config makes me sad ;[ I can't use drawdecals 0 on it :} Good thing I have a toggle for it :p