Whoa, new look!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Why doesn't the wiki look good? It essentially has the same visual style as the old one.

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Um. I don't give a crap how it looks. I don't think anyone goes to a wiki to see how it looks. Is that what you thought I was talking about?

Content! Organization! (heaven forbid) A plan!

Is that clearer?

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Would it be inappropriate to suggest we simply begin moving the old content to the new pages and worry about re-organization later?

If the organization of the old wiki was so horrible, I would have expected at least some discussion (here, there, anywhere) about ideas for a new organization. After four months, I have not heard of any such discussion nor have we seen much progress in reintegrating the old content.

I think re-organization is a fine idea, but it's the sort of thing that will take time and effort. An organizational discussion should begin by those with ideas and drive, or at least by those with comments and opinions. In the meantime, we can all benefit by integrating the content we have with the new structure.

I'd be willing to take a few pages a day. After a while, I suspect others will join in once work starts going again.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Bot Support?

First,

This link currently results in a database error:
Bot Support
EDIT: So does this one:
Strategic Bots

Code:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doinsert". MySQL returned error "1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (christy)".

But also,

How's it going? :)

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
If that error doesn't go away, ambush Haarg on IRC (I think he's on the ETG #unrealwiki channel, otherwise on #beyondunreal) and tell him.

And that other thing: People should really start contributing. It's a wiki, FFS! You (the community) are the authors. I don't know what people are waiting for.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Read announce3ment or front BU news page. Wiki should be back up tonight or tomorrow.