Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Get on the auction house man. I got lucky and found a stupidly good crossbow in act I, but on the AH you can basically gear up to become a god. Just put a maximum on each piece. No reason to use more than 70k-80k on any piece.

So far though, I've not had that much gold at any one time. Been sinking all of it into upgrading the blacksmith and jeweler. I've started grinding a bit for gold to get enough money to buy some of the more expensive stuff on the auction house. It's not always very easy to find the right gear. Additionally, I think it's still mostly luck on my part, but I really am not sure what to spec my Wizard for gear-wise.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
So far though, I've not had that much gold at any one time. Been sinking all of it into upgrading the blacksmith and jeweler. I've started grinding a bit for gold to get enough money to buy some of the more expensive stuff on the auction house. It's not always very easy to find the right gear. Additionally, I think it's still mostly luck on my part, but I really am not sure what to spec my Wizard for gear-wise.

May help a bit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/u3fxw/for_those_still_leveling_or_having_difficulty/

Edit: I find that health and health regen is the biggest thing to look for. I'm level 53 Barb and progressing fairly well so far, I have around 20,000 HP and almost 5000 dps. I have a friend who is playing Witch Doctor at around the same level, and he has to run away from pretty much every encounter in Hell since he has only geared for DPS. All Int, no Vit means he has about 8000hp unbuffed, which seems crazy low to me.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Like I said earlier but no one likely read/care, crafting is pretty much useless, at least from the starting point. People will want to improve crafting in the later stage, I wouldn't even bother looting gold on Normal, because you get at least triple the gold from mostly everything on nightmare, I can't imagine inferno, then crafting becomes -possible-.

People below level 55-ish should only bother getting their equipment off the AH. And remember to use Square gems on your equipment.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Like I said earlier but no one likely read/care, crafting is pretty much useless, at least from the starting point. People will want to improve crafting in the later stage, I wouldn't even bother looting gold on Normal, because you get at least triple the gold from mostly everything on nightmare, I can't imagine inferno, then crafting becomes -possible-.

People below level 55-ish should only bother getting their equipment off the AH. And remember to use Square gems on your equipment.

The blacksmith is 100% useless. Even bliiz employees have posted that the Blacksmith has been tuned poorly and is useless next to the AH where you can get everything cheaper and know what you're getting.

I think the Jeweler is worth dropping some cash on occasionally though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Also, this is happening right now:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/Uwp0X.jpg[/screenshot]

I can understand why people wants to try Hardcore, but why would you join a HC public server? That's asking for it.

-----------------------------
EDIT:

The blacksmith is 100% useless. Even bliiz employees have posted that the Blacksmith has been tuned poorly and is useless next to the AH where you can get everything cheaper and know what you're getting.

I've always seen it like that, but I assumed crafting would become better at some end-game point.

Foolish to say the least, I feel bad for people trying to rank up blacksmithing. I dropped it at level 25-ish when I saw where it was going.

I'm guessing blizzard might re-vamp it. Hopefully they do, because it's a money sink.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
May help a bit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/u3fxw/for_those_still_leveling_or_having_difficulty/

Edit: I find that health and health regen is the biggest thing to look for. I'm level 53 Barb and progressing fairly well so far, I have around 20,000 HP and almost 5000 dps. I have a friend who is playing Witch Doctor at around the same level, and he has to run away from pretty much every encounter in Hell since he has only geared for DPS. All Int, no Vit means he has about 8000hp unbuffed, which seems crazy low to me.

That link's pretty helpful, thanks. :)
I'm sitting at 55 with 3.8k DPS and 17k health. I have a couple items that are probably a bit underleveled at the moment, but based on that article as well, I figured I'd do a little bit of Hell grinding to get some money and some good items to sell on the auction house. (so I went and got me a set of gear that increases magic find as much as possible)

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
In the early stages of the game I had around 80% magic find, but I wasted all the items on crafting. If I had sold them all, I'd be fairly rich now. Stupid.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Actually, from what I get from the magic items, I thought I'd look for a set increasing Gold Find instead, which has been substantially better for getting quite a bit of gold fast. The full set cost me around 12k to get off the auction house, and has now already earned 30k or so back from better gold drops on 2 runs of the oasis area + its small dungeons in act 2 on Nightmare. The gear is worthless for a Hell run, but man is it bringing in some money.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Who else here started Hell with a friend right on level 50?

It's not impossible, but it's impossible to make a first contact with elites and NOT die once.
My experience is respawning constantly until you can end the bullshit.

And AH is always lagged out.

EDIT: Upon testing alone, we both found out it was much more.. -possible-. Just because we match up together makes the game insanely more difficult. It was noticeable in previous difficulties, but that's a little overboard now..

Last edited:

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Got to level 60 last night, woot. Still need to clear the second part of Act 3 and all of Act 4 to unlock Inferno.

Went with a fairly safe "tank" build in the later areas, it got tough around mid Act 2 so I decided to go with more armor and switch up my skills some. Link if anyone is interested: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVSYRk!bVT!accZbb

I take way more hits and die way less often using that build, but it does take longer to take down some enemies. Going to work on getting my DPS up some with gear now.

edit:

FxIOZ.jpg

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I don't get the complaints on crafting. I actually thought it was MORE useful at the beginning. I'm now to the point where I need pages to go further so I don't know how good it is beyond that.

Only a few items will have a strong enough base to be better than what you find in the dungeon. The advantage though is that you'll be able to craft over and over. So you can keep rolling until you get the stats that you need.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I don't get the complaints on crafting. I actually thought it was MORE useful at the beginning. I'm now to the point where I need pages to go further so I don't know how good it is beyond that.

Only a few items will have a strong enough base to be better than what you find in the dungeon. The advantage though is that you'll be able to craft over and over. So you can keep rolling until you get the stats that you need.

The problem is the costs outweigh the gain, which comes with heavy and obvious risk(random stats)
You can go on the AH and find exactly what you want without spending as much money. The BS costs an absolute fortune to make stuff.

He was pretty handy early on for me as he filled a couple of spots that I hadn't had non-common drops for but I only use him to salvage now and am saving the matts for when he is patched into cost-effectiveness.

Blizzard have posted an update on the incoming changes including the BS:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173
They're even altering the Jeweller a bit.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I just finished Act 2 of hell last night, and a lot of what I see here doesn't jive.

First of all, since all of the gear you loot is for characters 5-10 levels behind you, the AH seems to be the only way to find gear with the full capabilities of what you're able to use for your CURRENT level. This is especially true for venturing into hell. I noticed this first with a Demon Hunter I had started and leveled to 15. I had saved some good rares from my WD play thru for this character, and the moment I was able to equip them, I saw a HUGE difference. I had previously noted some inability to loot a weapon, and that had held me back. I purchased a knife on the AH that upped me from a 82 dps to a 315 dps for minimal gold. I am just starting to loot weapons around the 300 dps mark, and at my next level up, I'll be switching to a 525 dps I got off the market for 5k. That's quite a difference. IMO, hell difficulty FORCES you to buy from the AH. I hadn't used it prior to reaching hell difficulty, so I don't see it as necessary to get that far, but to progress any further, you will have to. Those elites and champions are just too hard to damage without getting that damage # way up.

I can understand the complaints on the crafting, but remember that Blizzard doesn't set the market on the AH. The guy who sells his 500 dps WD knives for 5k does. :D

EDIT: Btw, because of all of this, I am currently running 51% Gold find, and that number will be closer to 70% when I level next.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:lol:

I really feel like they are going to nerf that Monk passive One With Everything. Sets all your resistances to the value of your highest resistance. You'll only ever have to collect one type of resistance. Pretty OP if you ask me. I expect they'll make it raise them all by a certain percentage of your highest one or something.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
That mere amount of gold laying on the ground describes well how everyone feels with this game right now. (Risk VS Reward Risk)

Not very accurate for Inferno, though. Average basic zombie drops 100+ gold for me without any Gold Find stat bonuses, and have already seen drops of 600+ gold between New Tristram and getting to the Old Tristram ruins to kill the Wretched Mother Queen.
Speaking of which, yay I reached Inferno!

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Not very accurate for Inferno, though. Average basic zombie drops 100+ gold for me without any Gold Find stat bonuses, and have already seen drops of 600+ gold between New Tristram and getting to the Old Tristram ruins to kill the Wretched Mother Queen.
Speaking of which, yay I reached Inferno!

Agreed. Look for a combination of Vitality adders, and % Life adders. Health regen isnt as important IMO, but with a barb it might be.

I just hit act 4 of hell last nite, so I anticipate being in Inferno very soon, but with gold find gear and a healthy Nephalem Valor buff (150+% Gold find). I can get drops of 1000+ in hell difficulty. I made about 200K last nite alone. Can't wait to see the cash from inferno...