Vertex Animated Meshes Tutorial.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Well, everything I make in my levels eventually ends up as a tutorial. For my upcoming matinee I'm using some vertex animated meshes, so here's my tutorial showing what I learned along the way.

"Have you ever wanted to make your own animated meshes such as the CTF Flag, or the box straps in AS-Convoy? While characters for UT2004 are made using bone animation, the older method of vertex animation is still useful for creating effects that bone animation can not. This tutorial will go through the entire process from making the mesh in 3D Max to importing it and placing it in your level."

http://www.unrealops.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=154