UT Crashing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[ChI]

Feb 7, 2001
Visit site
Ive gotta problem with Unreal Tounament crashing during Single player games while in GL mode. (Well actually "MeTaL" for windoze or something That i think is a shell of GL sorta like Glide but only S3's answer to it.) The monitor just frezzes and the keyboard and mouse has no use. The music still goes though. Sitching to D3D mode cuts my framerate in half and software mode looks lame so does normal Gl mode too. In normal GL all the textures are all psychadelic and stupid looking. When i go to change my graphics engine in UT it says i got 3Dfx Glide installed when i really dont. Its probly just a bug in my registry but could this be a problem?

Ive gotta PIII 700mhz.. 256 RAM and a s3 Savage4 Graphics card with the latest drivers installed (according to GL Setup) I also have DirectX8 in there as well. I am running the latest patch for UT too 436 i beleave.

Thankyou for you time.
[ChI]

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
All I can say is that OpenGL works the best for me. I mean DAMN...the graphics are so clear and razor sharp it's incredible! But then again...I'm using a V5 card with all the tweaks and overclocking it to death. Certain drivers work best with certain cards...which ones I'm not sure. However with your system you should have no problems finding that "perfect" driver. I have uninstalled UT 6 times now because I'm tweaking the darn thing so much I end up messing the sys.ini up completely. Try all of the drivers one by one until you find one that works good. Then tweak the hell out of it :) Good luck