Can I turn an Mp3 or any music file into umx. format???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
Ok...ok this is my second question in the past 5 minutes. Anyways... I do some musical composing and Mp3 downloading and want to know if there is a way to change any music format into a umx. format. I know there is because there's artists writing new music for UT at this moment. Does anyone know how this is done...thanks again :)

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Yes, but "converting" an MP3 is very hard and can only be done "manually". The easiest way is to convert the MP3 to wav. Break the wav file into 10sec increments.
(You need a tracker to do the rest)
Load each wav file as an instrument and place them in order (need some knowledge of trackers here). Save the file as .it.
Open UEd.
Click music, import and select the .it file you made. Click save and it will be converted into .umx.

Find a free tracker here.
http://www.modplug.com/modplug/index.php3?session=#tracker

BTW: this is not very hard but very tedious. The size of the .it and .umx file depend on the quality of the wav files you used and how many. anything over 1.5MB is a little too big.

krazy

Feb 2, 2001
Visit site
how to play UT music

Not exactly an answer to your problem, but a useful little program. If you want to listen to umx files outside of UT or Unrealed, download MODPlug player from

www.modplug.com

I am not sure if it lets you record in umx format, but you could have a look. Probably not of a lot of use, but worth a try.

Feel free to send me money (yeah, right)