yer favorite books...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
Arrrr....all yer talkin' of killing and "fragging" ... why are ye all constantly stickin' yer faces to yer monitors, eh? (gramps looks closer to the screen to see what he has just written.)

In my days, we didn't have no "computers" or all this fancy "technologistics"...no, sonny, we had only two ways of entertainment, secretly smoking cigarettes at the age of 10 and reading books! (gramps put his latest edition of playboy away to use both hands on the keyboard.)

Yes laddie, books! Never heard of 'em, eh? Arr...do you youngsters still read nowadays? And if you do, what then, eh? Bet it's nuttin' but dirty magazines...(gramps' edition of playboy has now been discovered and removed by an irritated Mrs Gramps.)

Ooaarghrhhh, in my days ... (gramps continues to ramble on about the good old days for a long hour.)

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
I do read, uncle. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Which arr mah favorite books? Shiver me timbers, ah've read so many ah can't make up mah mind, but fer now ah'd say most of th' stuff by H P Lovecraft. Truly rich imagination, paints lotsa pictures in yer head!

Oh, yes, an' Unreal novels, too!

bullet2.gif

Tonight. Hot, hot, hot.

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
Skumboy is very confused.
Which ones are books again? Are they the shiny circles or black boxes with tape inside?

bullet2.gif

"Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

[Ci]t-skumboy|PuF

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
How about Authors...

Tom Robbins (Jitterbug Perfume, Still life With Woodpecker, Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, etc...)
Douglas Adams (HGTTU Triology)
Isaac Asimov (Foundation and Robot series)
Tom Clancy

To name a few...

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 391733

trinity

Noli me tangere
Jan 3, 2000
Southern California
the count of monte cristo,
the art of breaking glass,
jane eyre,
memoirs of a geisha,
the last days of summer.
to name a few...

bullet2.gif

"And since I am the ranking officer on this ship, if you don't like it, you can go to hell."

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
J.R.R. Tolkien is without a doubt my favorite, right now I'm reading the Night's Dawn Trilogy 9it's really 4 books) by Peter F. Hamilton

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
hmm books.

Terry Pratchett is good.
Douglas Adams
Ian M. Banks
Stephen Baxter

As u can guess, I mostly like sci-fi stuff.

bullet2.gif

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when
a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Adept, Adept? What, no i don't think so?
:rollin

bullet2.gif

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when
a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
bookCover.asp

The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Paul Abby. Need to read the sequel, Hayduke Lives!

Annotation:
The backlist bestselling underground cult classic that raised American consciousness of environmentalism. When a gang of renegades sets forth on their mission to destroy the power lines, new road and bridges springing up across their cherished desert, all hell breaks loose.

"A tragicomedy in the classic sense. Man against the system -- against concrete, steel and parking lot wastelands. Beautifully constructed, imaginatively detailed and faultlessly crafted with every effect looped to its matching cause." (Houston Chronicle)

And you thought UT was fun. How about Enviro-terrorism?

[This message has been edited by el Gato (edited 04-03-2000).]

C

CYBER PETE

ummm....I'd have to go with....the biography of abraham lincoln...it was the last book I remember reading. It was 15 years ago.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
Arrr...so ye DO read, eh? Well, time for me to own up.

I am a genuine fantasy freak. I've read A LOT of books from a lot of different categories, but fantasy always comes out as the winner.

Favorites:

- J.R.R. (of course!)
- Heinlein
- Zelasny
- Leiber
- and occasionally a good Pratchett (did I write that correctly?)

The writers that just miss that little extra to make it to the upper list (IMHO, of course /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif :

- Goodkind
- Jordan
- Eddings
- etc.

These writers are not all that bad, but they definately don't rock either! Once again, that's just my opinion and I can't wait for Rooster to tell me I got it all wrong about Jordan /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

P.S. Vortex: I just loved The Player Of Games! That was one of the best SF books I've ever read /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by gramps (edited 04-04-2000).]

-=Wiz=-

Winnebago Like
Mar 22, 2000
Canada
smileygames.8m.com
This might sound odd, but I've read many of Dean Wesley Smiths books. Odd you might ask? Well, the ones I read of his were Spider-Men books. His books are very descriptive and make it as seem as your watching Spider-Man battle before your very eyes. The earlier ones are a bit gory, but they are great none the less (oh BTW, they are not COmic Books! They are Novels). Diane Duane has also writen a few Spidey books (The Venom Factor comes to mind right now). The Lord of the Rings series was just great, and after trying WoT, I wouldn't mind picking up one of Robert Jordans books.

bullet2.gif

W i Z

Smiley Games - Has that new fresh smell to it, with new features!

"What is mind? No Matter.
What is matter? Never Mind"

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
Michael Legat is a good author. Wrote Mario's Vineyard.
Tony Shillitoe is an excellent fantasy writer. Wrote the Andrakis Trilogy and my personal favourite, "The Last Wizard"

bullet2.gif

Mind Maps/Mnemonics Matter!

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Books?
What is books?

/creatoR picks up his GSM

"Yo, it´s me. I want you to register a Planetbooks.com and drive off a cliff. In that order."

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
I'm proud of the fact that I've read Lord of the Rings two and a half times.

The Dune series by Frank Herbert is really good as well.

Nick Hornby, Arthur C Clarke are also top authors.

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace