Unreal Championship 2 Live Update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
New downloadable content is available for Unreal Championship 2 via Xbox LIVE. In addition to the promised fixes, there's a good bit of new stuff:

New Maps:
Capture the Flag: Monoxide
Death Match: Sever
Death Match: EvilHands
OD: Ascension

New Characters:
Apophis
Calypso
Garek
Jackhammer
Judas
Kraag
Lilith
Merc Anubis
Necris Selket
Syzygy

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
I would buy a console (in this case XBoX) if I could get the patch for free without having live.

I cannot be bothered to fiddle with a console controller for online play, and UC2 I would only get to have all Unreal Games (UC 1 doesn't count if you have UT2003).

Last edited:

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
The characters and maps where available to use a long time ago o_O. About a month and a half ago, I whent onto Content DOwnload for UC2 and the Characters and maps were there o_O. So I downloaded them then.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I know sales for UC2 were less than expected, but honestly, if they released it for PC I would so buy it. I need something Unreal to tide me over until UT2007/GoW

U

Unregistered

Plumb_Drumb said:
gah@!

f you microsoft, degrading Epic's free downloads to a 17 dollar a month charge!
f you!

Looks like I'm "stuck" without this cool stuff.

[edit]
f you Microsoft!
wow, you pay a lot more for live service than I do. Mine's $50 a year, so that's like $4 a month. well worth it, I might add.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Iceboy2003 said:
I know sales for UC2 were less than expected, but honestly, if they released it for PC I would so buy it. I need something Unreal to tide me over until UT2007/GoW

Here, here.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
The Epic forms must be ablaze with overly happy people...
they can now play Apophis.. I remember when the game came out everyone complained why Apophis was not playable...didnt see anything specail of this character...frags like the others...

Its good to see more content...but I dont have LIVE...wonder if they will put on an OXM cd or something..

Starry Might

bFemale=True
hal said:
New downloadable content is available for Unreal Championship 2 via Xbox LIVE. In addition to the promised fixes, there's a good bit of new stuff:

New Maps:
Capture the Flag: Monoxide
Death Match: Sever
Death Match: EvilHands
OD: Ascension

New Characters:
Apophis
Calypso
Garek
Jackhammer
Judas
Kraag
Lilith
Merc Anubis
Necris Selket
Syzygy
Looks like all the extra playable characters were made available, after all. (Last time I read about it, only some of the above names were mentioned.) And FOUR new maps? Cool! :D

Unfortunately, I don't have Xbox Live. :(

fuegerstef said:
I cannot be bothered to fiddle with a console controller for online play...
I think you can buy keyboards and mice for Xboxs. :) (Of course, that would technically give you an unfair advantage over the people who use Xbox controllers...)

Mozi said:
Its good to see more content...but I dont have LIVE...wonder if they will put on an OXM cd or something..
They better! :eek:

Last edited:

Virt

UT addict :D
Feb 11, 2004
Springfield, OH
It's 50 dollars a year people for Xbox Live, come on >_< Plus UC2, Halo2 and a ton of other games come with two month free trials.

Note to PC-only gamers: stop pretending like you know about console gaming :( Just because you played your SNES and N64's for a few years does not give you the right to claim that console gaming and the things Microsoft are doing are retarded. Take it from a guy thats played competively on both sides of the field - Its completely different and can be just as competitive as PC gaming, now-a-days, thanks to Xbox Live.

It's not for everyone, but most of you people are biased and have no idea what you're talking about, anyways. I spend 50 dollars a year for Xbox Live and I spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable and my cell phone bill alone! It's not THAT bad and the service is incredible. And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.

Excuse me while I go play some UC2, now.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I thought Epic said prior to the UC2 launch that their updates would be freely available somehow? Or was that in regards to Bungie and their pay-for-updates (ie. the map pack)?

Virt said:
It's 50 dollars a year people for Xbox Live, come on >_< Plus UC2, Halo2 and a ton of other games come with two month free trials.

Note to PC-only gamers: stop pretending like you know about console gaming :( Just because you played your SNES and N64's for a few years does not give you the right to claim that console gaming and the things Microsoft are doing are retarded. Take it from a guy thats played competively on both sides of the field - Its completely different and can be just as competitive as PC gaming, now-a-days, thanks to Xbox Live.

It's not for everyone, but most of you people are biased and have no idea what you're talking about, anyways. I spend 50 dollars a year for Xbox Live and I spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable and my cell phone bill alone! It's not THAT bad and the service is incredible. And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
Starry Might, all the characters and the four maps have ALWAYS been on your game. Its just becfore the patch, you had to goto content download and download a bunch of 4 block things that unlocked them for play. The patch is just a download that contains all those 4 block patches in one.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
OutlawSkot33 said:
Starry Might, all the characters and the four maps have ALWAYS been on your game. Its just becfore the patch, you had to goto content download and download a bunch of 4 block things that unlocked them for play. The patch is just a download that contains all those 4 block patches in one.
I knew that all the extra stuff was in my game.

Can you elaborate on the "4 block things", though? :confused:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Virt said:

Hahaha, I could afford it if it was $2000 a month. That's not the problem. The problem is that it is a console game and I would only get for the sake of having all Unreal games.
But with that retarded "You need XboX live" policy I won't get it.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
yeah, and this wont change for the 360 either... well, there will be a free basic Live service (and a higher "Platinum" level that you pay for), but I'm not sure if patch downloads will be part of that (i hope so)
________
KinkyCollege

Last edited: