Mac Unreal files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehard

Btw you imported some textures in SkyT as masked by default (when you put them on any surface it will be masked no matter what and it can be hardly selected), they were not masked by default, they had black borders. Try unchecking them so it is like original?

Its a bit unclear to me now if the resulting textures are correct now or not. I would like to see the original utx files, so i can have a look at them, and if needed i can re-asemble them. When done i can offer them as official files in the texture downloads, which would also make them aplicable for S3TC updates.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I think it was easter egg and it is actually from some 1991 word spoken track or something.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/evil-ewhat-about-sex-lyrics-ice-t.html
Here is audio sample, it is the same, so they ripped it off from that...
http://www.last.fm/music/Ice-T/_/Evil+E+-+What+About+Sex?
And DieHard, you can grab the original files from that link anyway they seem to be masked, only if you load them in the beta they are not. So you should load them rather in original unpatched version of Unreal.
Anyway I can send the originals to you then...

Last edited:

Diehard

I couldnt download it from the link you did provide, it wont let me download unless i register to the site. But you are saying now that the ports Delacroix made are correct? If so, than its ok and ill simply add them to the downloads. So if you say the result from Delacroix is correct, than post it here and ill start working on the webpages and downloads.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I just found this thread, as I am compiling some resources.
I have pointed towards it but I have a question.

If files have been renamed and deleted, how are maps and mods that someone may have made using the original files going to work? :(
And in reverse, if someone uses the new OSX names, they will have to include the extra files in their map, for Windows and Linux users, making their own distro bigger.

Which reminds me, how big is this distro?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Nobody really made use of these files to begin with, i beleive the mac version didn't have unrealed to begin with. So that is not a problem but some maps like conversions/reworks of .:..: from beta maps use the same filenames for the music files(zora had preserved unique naming as comparison to avoid these types of conflicts). So one is advised to rename the file either way or put a symlink or something if one doesn't want to do that.
Oh and the only thing we didn't really extract was the unreal icon from mac, it had different graphic for the icon of unreal executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.