TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
It's configurable and takes place immediately. I set it to instant because there were like 4 of us on the server last night. With full load, I'd recommend 4-5 seconds.
Ah, k.

Suspected it would be a restart-forcing change, but that's good to hear.

Yeah, full load is definitely at least 4sec requiring.

And shush Kantham. You can't ham anyhow. :eek:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I keep seeing people join but not actually join the server, is there something going on?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Thats just because people are in the choose team/class menu's, they won't show up on the scoreboard until they start playing.

They show up as spectators during that phase. What is happening is the message "So and So has joined the server" shows up. Then I never see them as a spectator or playing at all. I know that FlashIV was one of these people. I just want to be sure that people aren't having issues with the server.

It's just a bit frustrating, the game is not really fun until you get a good number of people going. I mean all you can really do with 4 people is goof off or have really one sided games. :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well, I tried joining the server and I got on fine, so it's not a server problem.

That's good. Nobody who was on complained. I am just worried there is a problem that only some people have that prevents them from actually joining.

I'm still in the process of learning how to actually admin the server, too. I just changed the MOTD but it looks like arse. Apparently when you change it, it loses the cool background. Or maybe that's just if you put HTML code in it. I am not sure. Either way, it's all a work in progress.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
We should have a TF2 FBU, with a TF2 subforum.

As much as this would be cool, I do not wish to take people away from the very event that made me stay around these forums so long. I personally don't enjoy UT3 so I have been playing other games. I know a number of folks around here share the same opinion, and are playing TF2 for instance, and I'd like to attract that crowd. I like this community, I've been playing games with the #fragbu crowd for years now, so I wanted to attract people from around here who like to play UT3. I just don't want to interfere with events sponsored by the site.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It doesn't have to be anything official. As much time as people waste in IRC, certainly advertising a #fragbu TF2 get-together wouldn't be too difficult. Maybe after some interest is shown, it can start occurring on a specific night or two during the week and it'll end up as an OT sticky thread. :p

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I joined as spec the other night cause I couldn't play right away. I typed a couple messages saying I'd be on in an hour or so, maybe you couldn't see them cause I was spectating?

I'm a big fan of default respawns, unless of course there are only a few people playing like you mentioned. Here are some custom maps that I've enjoyed playing, maybe you can pick some out:

Control Point Maps:
-Switchback
-Labor
-Castle
-Warpath

CTF:
-Mach4
-Chaos
-Turbine

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I have played quite a few of those, I'm probably going to put some of those up. Definitely Warpath and Mach4.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hey SD. I added your server to my Favs, so I'll check out my server tab every time I start the game.

If you plan on adding custom levels I'd recomend this link here.
It's probably the biggest non-valve TF2 mapping community, I guess.

Mach 4 is a good one, but I'm not a huge fan of it, the flag should have 2 exits for me liking it more.
BTW, someone made a level inspired by UT2004 AS-Convoy. It's pretty damn decent.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Sweet.

Well, let's get people on it tonight! I'm shooting for around 7:30 - 8:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT -5). I should be home and settled by that time and ready to frag! :D

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY

Haven't played all of those, but Castle3 is excellent, despite being friggin HUGE! Great visuals. Labor is also quite awesome.

I must add that ctf_badlands_classic_b3e is a GREAT remake of a classic TFC map. Unfortunately not many servers are running it, and it's hard to find a populated game.

I really want a Rock2 remake, as do a majority of others. If you are not familiar, Rock2 is one of the best CTF maps in ANY game. It had a nice twist in that you had to bring a keycard into the enemy base, and when you brought it to the capture point it would seal you in this safe room and release poisonous gas outside, killing all of the enemies who failed to dive into the water or find a protective suit. From what I remember there were a very limited amount of protection suits, so quite often you would see the whole entire team desperately trying to grab one before dying. :D

I know of at least two planned TF2 versions, but who knows when those will come out.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Apparently steam servers are too busy to take my request, which is playing TF2. :con:
Sounds like I am in a little late too.