Spectating Question........Uhhh! Duh!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Good day all highly informative frag freaks.. My stupid question of the day is "Drum Roll please" :eek:

Is there a keybind/and or console setting that would allow one to spectate the game and see the actual FOV of the person one was spectating? I mean like see the cross hairs of that person and be able to study the lead and aiming techniques? :hmm:

I am slowly learning new and improved movements and some map control by spectating but it would be nice to see what these people are seeing..

I still can't quite grasp the fact that someone can just "kick arse and take names" while engaged in a low gravity sniper fest :sniper: all the while flying wildly around and hitting moving targets like they were sitting still.. Must have played years of astroids, lol..

Thanks all for any information...
:stupid:

Hellbilly

Fully recovered Ex-Evercrack player
May 6, 2000
Somewhere in upstate NY
Open the console and type behindview 0 this will allow you to spec a teammate in first person mode on CTF games (all I play is CTF :rolleyes: ). If you want to spec someone on the opposing team, switch teams or reconnect to the server as a spectator.

Thanks

Hellbilly thanks.. I tried it and it worked well.. still can't figure out how come they can hit so well.. still with low gravity sniper fests I did notice a back and forth firing pattern from one super good player that appeared to rely on the person falling into the path of their fire... :D

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Just learn to predict your opponent. Escpecially with non-hitscan weapons fire where they will be and not where they are. Then lead your shoots a bit depending on the ping.

Hellbilly

Fully recovered Ex-Evercrack player
May 6, 2000
Somewhere in upstate NY
Np :D

Although I do find that command seems a bit buggy on CTF-Face for some reason. Every now and then when I spec someone, the whole screen is upside down. Anyone else notice that?

Originally posted by 8-4-7-2
Just learn to predict your opponent. Escpecially with non-hitscan weapons fire where they will be and not where they are. Then lead your shoots a bit depending on the ping.

Thanks 8-4-7-2, I am trying to learn to predict opponent movement as an improvement stratagy.. All these come at a price of getting less kills but I predict an improvement in play shortly.. :D

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
In case ur interested there is now a mod called specfix that removes all jerkyness from speccing in behindview and makes it look as smooth as when your playing. I have it but cant remember where I got the thing. :)