JB-Desrock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Just played a short game. :) I like how the atmosphere is going in this one, looking different from any other JB map. The colours are getting kinda repeatitive though: every mesh uses the same texture and the map it looks a bit bland when you look from one side of the map to the other. It's also difficult to difference the walkable surfaces from the 'walls' in some spots.

The layout is fun in spite of being simple, and the scale of things is a lot better than your space map IMO. I think the Sniper zones are too isolated from the rest of the map and maybe you could try with something different there. The middle zone could also do with some cover and different floors, but it's fine the way it is too...

I didn't like the lift-rocks at all, one does not expect an extremely heavy stone to suddenly start flying when it's jumped onto! :p I'd go with jumpads instead (it's more fun to kill flying players rather than people on horizontal-lifts. :D), although if the Sniper zones are eventually removed/changed, you might even not need lifts at all...

From an organic rock-and-tree-shaped map, the symmetry of things sometimes looks a bit odd (the arena especially). Don't be afraid of making things more assymetrical, you can always add some health to the longest paths to balance things out... ;)

The item placement could also be improved. Right now I think there are too many armor pieces but very few weapons and healthpacks, and there should be a weapon closer to the jail exits IMO...

Keep up the good work! :)

and please, place the jail-PlayerStarts aiming to the exits... :p

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Thanks G.Lecter
You have reason about the area of the sniper: this has been changed.
The arena has been redesigned to be more fun.
(the other points were also taken into account )
I think delete the hole between wooden bridge, a notice?

Don't be afraid of making things more assymetrical, you can always add some health to the longest paths to balance things out
I'll try to do something too assymetrical as Makoy :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
If you keep the jails in the middle of the map, you may want to go with a JB-Rebirth kind of symmetry instead. Otherwise, one of the jai exits might be more appealing than the other one... :)